Coffee and anxiety

Hello bulletproof friends! I have done bulletproof on and off over the last year but recently bought the cookbook and made a commitment to stick to it because I know it works. And issue that I have run into is that after I drink the butter coffee I do feel very awake and high energy, but an unfortunate side effect is that I have been diagnosed with GAD and sometimes feel jittery and more anxious after drinking the coffee. I use 1 tablespoon of butter and coconut oil with 12 oz. of coffee. Should I try changing it up? Or should I just try decaf instead of the coffee I am currently drinking. Thanks!

Comments

• You just have to experiment and see what works for you. Drinking too much coffee too fast sometimes gives me anxiety, certainly not frequently enough to stop drinking it. Maybe try brewing a weaker brew to use in your BPC recipe. Maybe lower the fat dosages. Try BPTea/Yerba Mate.

I assume you drink the Upgraded brand coffee? The reason I assume or ask is that different coffees not only have different tastes, but they can have different psychological impacts as well. I roast my own coffee and often sample a variety of coffees from around the Earth and notice different buzzes.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Thanks for the tip! My friend just started a coffee-roasting business and I'll probably be buying grounds from her sometime soon.