BP weight roller coaster

I love BPC, I mean I don't think I can ever have coffee with something else than butter! My energy levels are great and most of all, I DO NOT have sugar cravings anymore. This is a HUGE WIN! Also, my belly feels like a burning oil lamp all the time, which is amazing when it's -18 celsius outside like today!

But in reality, I was turned on this method to detox and try to regulate my weight (lose about 30 pounds)

I did the BP diet for a month and lost 9 pounds, went off the diet for 9 days and gained 13 pounds. Now, it was X-mas week but there is NO WAY I ate enough calories to gain all that weight. I was travelling, on and off the protocol and didn't restrain during family dinners.
On January 2nd I get back on track and lose 7 pounds in 7 days! This weekend I had risotto, a slice of bread, wine and did not go in keto for 1 day, this morning I gained 6 pounds :/
What's up?!

The only thing I can see is water weight but I honestly don't know enough on the subject so I am calling to you forum bullet proofers!

Help!

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

water

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• I don't have a lot of knowledge but that much, I know.

I am trying to understand how I could have gained so much (way past my initial weight) for going "off-road" for a week.
    13 pounds is a lot of water!

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

• santisanti
    edited January 2017

@Jason Miller said:
    Removing carbo"hydrates" from your diet causes rapid systematic hydration and glycogen loss, . Every gram of carbohydrate consumed also processes 4 grams of water, so swings of elimination and reintroduction will have equal effects on scale weight.

new here, i would love your thought. what do you consider carbohydrates? vegetable starches or rice let's say. And also, pls, when are those carbohydrates you are talking about need to be eaten during the day in order to lose water ? thanks so much

• @Jason Miller said:

@santi said:

@Jason Miller said:
    Removing carbo"hydrates" from your diet causes rapid systematic hydration and glycogen loss, . Every gram of carbohydrate consumed also processes 4 grams of water, so swings of elimination and reintroduction will have equal effects on scale weight.

new here, i would love your thought. what do you consider carbohydrates? vegetable starches or rice let's say. And also, pls, when are those carbohydrates you are talking about need to be eaten during the day in order to lose water ? thanks so much

All carbohydrates that are not indigestible fiber are usable carbohydrates. I'm not sure I understand your second part, there is no practical reason to intentionally lose water unless you are trying to make weight for a sanctioned event etc (usless you are trying to exaggerate weight loss reporting).

thank you, just saw your reply but i 've had already posted as a new discussion on the forum the same issue, so sorry. it was not meant to be a kind of loss of trusting. Coming back at your appreciated reply: as a newly i have to learn a lot it seems, where domimfindma list of those you call usable carbohydrates??Second issue: i was referring at water retention