Intermittent fasting- first week results. Are these normal?
Just finished my first 7 days of IF and I would like some feedback to tell me if these numbers look normal. I was expecting to be losing fat more linearly. According to my scale (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L6NTHU/), I plateaued pretty quickly after the first couple days.
Caveat- I know these bathroom fat % scales are notoriously inaccurate, but I'm looking for trends. I take the reading at exactly the same time every morning (right when I get out of bed, before going to the bathroom or drinking anything).
My daily routine has been as follows:
- 9 AM out of bed.
- 9:30 18 oz Bulletproof coffee with 2 tbsp Kerrygold butter + 2 tbsp MCT oil (a couple days I've added 1 tsp of raw cacao powder and Saigon cinnamon)
- 3 PM - 4 PM: one avocado, smoked salmon, + 2-3 fried eggs, covered in avocado oil
- a couple of days I made a smoothie with coconut milk, protein powder, bovine collagen, and MCT oil. On these days however, I'm so full by dinner @ 8 PM that I honestly have no interest in eating.
- 8 or 9 PM: dinner. Typically one salmon filet with broccoli or spinach on the side, covered with a lot of olive oil
- In bed around midnight or 12:30
3 out of the 7 days I played moderate tennis for an hour and a half (advance intermediate, hard hitting/ lots of running)
I'm 46 yrs old, 6-1, and my normal weight for the past 10 years has been around 180. I have what one might call a "tennis player body" (think Roger Federer). I've tested my body fat yearly since I was 28 and it's pretty much gone up around 1% per year since then.
Here is what the scale has shown this week:
(from left to right: weight, body fat %, total body water, % muscle, bone weight)
1/15 190.2, 19.5, 62.2, 37.6, 7.4
1/16 187.8, 19.1, 62.5, 37.8, 7.2
1/17 185.6, 18.7, 62.8, 38.1, 7.4
1/18 186.8, 18.8, 62.7, 38.0, 7.4
1/19 186.0, 18.7, 62.8, 38.1, 7.4
1/20 186.8, 18.8, 62.7, 38.0, 7.4
1/21 186.8, 18.8, 62.8, 38.0, 7.4
1/22 187.4, 18.9, 62.6, 37.9, 7.4
I've tested my urine ketone levels each day with Ketone test strips and the numbers have been in the moderate range all day each day.
And lastly, my girlfriend is on the exact same protocol with me, and had very similar results this week.