DHEA & Pregnonlone?

Sould I take DHEA, Pregnenelone, and phosphdiyl seren?

Recently I consulted a natural therapist regarding optimizing my health. After doing the DUTCH test he told me that my cortisol levels are too high, my estrogen too high and my testosterone could be higher.
He gave me the following supplement regime:
DHEA and Pregnonlone 3x a day
Vitamin E, Coq10, zinc, Dim +I3, calcium d glutorate, Glotathion, phosphadityl serene.

Comments

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭

Those supplements might be ok. Ask the natural therapist more questions if you're not sure.

I was told (by a doctor) that excess supplemented DHEA turns into estrogen. She's given DHEA to several men for low-T, the patient incorrectly thinks "more is better" and end up growing man-boobs instead of boosting their testosterone.

Very loosely speaking - pregnenolone is a precursor to DHEA. And DHEA is a precursor to both testosterone and estrogen. They're both good supplements if they are what you need. The therapist should be able to explain why taking DHEA and pregenolone should help increase testosterone without increasing estrogen, and vice versa.

DIM and calcium d-glucarate can help lower estrogen, if your estrogen levels are high because your body is not eliminating excess estrogen via the liver (each work on a different conjugation pathway).

It sounds like they're giving you everything they have that says "can lower estrogen" in a handbook without really thinking about which one you need. Did the therapist do a history or talk to you about your diet and lifestyle before doing the test?