Not getting restorative sleep

2»

Comments

• Oh wow. I seemed to have knocked off my notifications during my move to WI back in March. Thanks to everyone that has chimed in despite my absence. I will look into the thyroid, progesterone, osteopathy and transdermal CO2. I've started taking 1.5 the recommend dose of Sleep Mode and that has done a wonderful job of getting me to sleep within an hour 85% of the time, still not much for the waking up rested.

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭✭

It's also worth considering liposomal melatonin if you're not getting a good response to other forms. Some people have absorption issues with melatonin in tablets or capsules...

I believe I read somewhere (from Isabella Wentz?) that sleep hangovers that come from melatonin are a sign that the melatonin is helping your brain to detox. Not sure if that's accurate or just speculation, but something to consider.

• Thanks, I'll look into that

• @JCG3 - sleep hangovers ... grogginess or headaches upon waking; feeling sleepy after waking

If you're taken Melatonin, these side effects can occur because your dose is too high or you've taken it too late before going to bed. Most instructions say to take Melatonin 1/2 hour before bedtime, but you should move that back to 1.5 hours so that the Melatonin reaches the brain and you don't wake up groggy in the morning. If you wake up in the middle of the night after taking Melatonin before bedtime, it doesn't mean you take ANOTHER dose of Melatonin at 2:00 am (it is a hormone, not a vitamin). Melatonin is meant to establish a sleep circadian cycle, not keep you asleep; that's why it's good for shift workers, jet lag and older people (Melatonin decreases with age).

To improve sleep: exercise before 6 pm (am to burn more fat); increase Mega 3 foods or take Fish Oil, which your brain needs; drink 16-24 oz. water upon waking; drink coffee from 90 min. after waking (drink water first) until 2:00 pm because caffeine's affect lasts 6-8 hours); keep alcohol to 2 drinks maximum daily; eat some carbohydrates (brown rice, etc.) with dinner; and turn on a light in the morning when you wake to shut down Melatonin sleep cycle.

• @JediMindTrick - At what age did your sleep problem begin? Have you had your neurotransmitters tested? I would strongly suggest this if you have had a sleep disorder "for most of my life." Since the sleep study was negative for apnea, it suggests a problem in the body that is long-lived which goes beyond Melatonin. Your epinephrine is probably high (energy) and serotonin (calming) is low, and your parasympathetic nervous system can't do what it's meant to do - control sleep. The physician will use a combination of nutraceuticals (probably from NeuroScience) to get your NTs back into balance. If your epinephrine is high, I can guarantee you will be told to stop drinking coffee (stimulant, depletes Serotonin), eating sugar (stimulant, connection to heart disease) and increase healthy carbs unless the doctor increases Serotonin via nutraceuticals.

• I have long suffered from the fact that I can not sleep, because I work 11 hours a day, I began to look for methods to improve sleep, and now I came across an article https://sleepmentor.net/how-to-wake-up-refreshed-and- ready-to-go where tips for improving sleep, personally helps me, I use the technique for a month, maybe it will suit you, who knows?

• You know guys, whenever we are stressed, no matter if it is mental or physical stress, our body response is fight-or-flight. Acutely, we’ll release hormones, mainly noradrenaline and adrenaline to help stimulate our body. I’m sure we’ve all experienced this during a big hand. Your heart rate will increase, blood pressure rise, you’ll get a little anxious, and your stomach will turn. Blood is diverted to your brain, heart, and muscles. Basically, your body is getting you ready for an intense situation. This doesn’t last long though, only during intense situations, not likely what’s causing you to not sleep at night. Over the long-term though, your body relies on another stress hormone called cortisol. It basically does the same thing as adrenaline, but not to the same degree. It also helps control your sleep-wake cycle. During normal times, cortisol release actually follows a daily rhythm, the majority being released in the morning and the least at night. Thus, it’s thought to promote wakefulness. However, during times of chronic stress, your cortisol level will remain elevated. Thus we have the cause of your insomnia. Elevated cortisol levels caused by chronic stress from worrying over your poker games. So, for taking your game in an appropriate condition, I would like to say that you need to try with https://worldpharm365.com/product/etizolam-etilaam-etizest-1mg-buy-with-bitcoin/ - that is exactly what will take your game on a right control.