How Long?

I just purchased the Bulletproof Diet book and I'm very new to it. I just started three days ago with the Bulletproof coffee. At 6:30am I'm drinking eight ounces of coffee with two tablespoons of 100% grass fed organic ghee and gradually one tablespoon of Brain Octane. I'm also doing intermittent fasting and not eating until 2:00 pm. My question is how long can I continue Bulletproof coffee with intermittent fasting? Is there a period that one should stop doing both for awhile? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Certainly you can have something else after two weeks on the Diet. Also, there is a blog somewhere where he says that, occasionally, you should have a standard American breakfast of bacon and eggs, so that your body does not adapt.

• Thank you! If I wanted to stay on Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting for say 45 days, is that advisable?

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited January 26

Isn't BPIF & the BP Diet basically the same thing ? there is no need to 'end it' (unless you want to). It's just a way of eating.

Have you been doing the carb refeed (if you've been limiting carbs).
    The info is on the bulletproof diet roadmap pdf; "Every 3 to 7 days, take one day to eat more [starch]."

fake it till you make it

• I'll check that out in the book. Thank you so much!

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited January 26

Google; bulletproof diet roadmap pdf ,
    as well,
    & refer to the one with the latest date (it has been updated & changed over time)

fake it till you make it

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭✭

You don't need to do intermittent fasting every day, depending on how you feel you might want to limit that to only part of a week. It does put stress on the adrenals - under most circumstances when someone is healthy that stress is eustress (beneficial stress), but it can quickly turn into distress if you're not healthy or you're overtraining or pushing yourself too hard or not sleeping enough...

Some people will do IF 6 days a week and take one day off.

Others will do IF one day a week and only have coffee two or three times a week.

Your mileage may vary - try different things and see how it makes you feel.

For the logical extreme, you can continue doing IF for as long as you want, it should not have a negative impact on your health by itself. But listen to your body and try some variety over time.