Help a newbie - not sure about portions of fats vs proteins vs veg

Hey there!

I've never really followed any sort of diet plan before, so forgive my completely basic understanding of the Bulletproof Diet. I've been reading the roadmap and whilst I feel I can manage with consuming the right amount of proteins, veg (and coffee of course!) I'm struggling to wrap my head around how to consume the amount of butter, coconut oils etc that are required as part of the diet. It seems like way more than I've ever consumed and I'm not sure if I'll be able to stomach it.

When I see measurements like 4tbsp of butter with steak for illustrative purposes it seems like the steak would be drowning in a pool of butter - do I just use it as a flavouring instead of consuming the excess? Again - sorry for these terrible questions, I'm, just making sure I'm understanding the portions.

Also - I love Bulletproof Coffee. If I'm on this regime, can I have multiple cups during the day alongside lunch, dinner etc or is it intended as a meal replacement?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• HocHoc
    edited January 2017

The theory of this diet is that your body should tell you how much is enough. That's why there's no portion size -- don't try to force anything down. Eat until you are satisfied, and stop. With regard to the coffee, drink as much as you want, but don't drink any after 2 pm, and don't try to force as much as you can in before the 2 pm deadline. Just eat/drink until you are satisfied, and don't worry about the portion size. That's the theory, anyway.

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

I disagree.

The general recommendations are illustrated on the bp diet info graphic.

Do NOT drink as much coffee as you like. Also Brain Octane and such can give you disaster pants. Follow the "cool new coffee and tea info graphic" on how much coffee and tea is recommended.

Dave uses cups and this American measurement system.

Generally speaking Eat plenty of veggies as much FAT as you want, adequate protein and little carbs for most days of the week. 2 cups of coffee are best (according to that info graphic).... Don't forget your refeeds. If you are an athlete or something or struggle with weight loss or energy come back again... sooner or later you will want to measure stuff for reasons but for starter look carefully at what the info graphic says.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Your toilet results will tell you when you have eaten more than enough fat.