Intermittent Fasting and still battling hunger and a couple other issues
This is my first time posting on this forum, but I began doing bulletproof coffee and intermittent fasting soon after the New Year.
For some context: I am a 31-year-old female who has always worked 60-100 hour weeks my entire career. I have a high stress threshold, and have always been observably healthy, though some sneaky health symptoms started up in my early to mid-20s due to chronic stress, a gluten intolerance, and possibly not eating optimally. To clarify, I have always been a health nut, but it wasn't until my mid to late-20s that I really became interested in fine-tuning my diet beyond the basics of no sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, organics, grass feds, etc.
I should also say I'm not a coffee drinker. I use matcha green tea instead of coffee to make my bulletproof beverage. Has anyone else done so or know how this might impact the bp diet differently?
The following things are going well:
- I lost weight, even though that wasn't the goal.
- Some hormonal symptoms (I think from not getting enough fats) are on the decline.
- It has increased my enjoyment of cooking and appreciation of food. (I don't scarf it down anymore, but instead savor it!)
I am experiencing the following challenges:
- These things were not challenges for the first 2 weeks, but have become increasingly challenging over time...
- Due to my job, I wake up at 5:00 and am at work by 6:15 at the latest. Because of this long period of time, I fix a thermos full of bulletproof tea that I drink when I get hungry during the day. At first, I didn't get hungry until 2:00, which was a great change because I often faced 2-3 days at work during which I was RAVENOUS. This is still better, but I am now sometimes getting hungry before 2:00. Often by 12:00 or 1:00, and sometimes even by 11:00. Has anyone else experienced this? What solution would you propose?
- Sometimes in the late morning/early afternoon, I start to feel weak, sleepy, and even feel a little flutter in my heart. I had fatigue issues for a few months a few years ago when I went vegan, but have never had heart issues.
Thank you in advance for any insight you have to offer!