Where is everyone? Old timers? BP forum diluted?

Hey! Where is everybody? I haven't been around as much these days, but whenever I pop in, I see a lot of posters I've never seen, lots of none or one-response threads, and the meaty discussions between old timers are nowhere to be found. Is this an incorrect impression? How is everybody?

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

fake it till you make it

• I've missed you, @Skeletor! :smiley:

• Yes, good thread Daz!

I see I'm not the only one who has wondered this.

For those in the know: Are Dave's products still of the same quality we are used to? Is the manufacturing process the same? I am a bit worried, having seen his products sold at Whole Foods. :cold_sweat:

I imagine there has been a deluge of threads asking basic questions (due to the mainstreaming of BP,) that may have turned off some of the vets.

I miss seeing lots of responses to lots of good threads of varying topics by people who really think. :disappointed:

• Any alternative forums out in world? I tried to get something started at StackExchange a couple of years back but didn't get any traction.
    I think a StackExchange like site where people ask questions and both the questions and answers get recognized would make a great platform for useful information.

• MrsfloydMrsfloyd ✭✭

Seriously, it's weird that most threads are left with 0-4 responses and then gather dust and die. :(

• Maybe everyone's over on the Whole30 forum...

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

@BulletproofYogini said:
    Maybe everyone's over on the Whole30 forum...

Hey, that's a nice forum. Never been there before. And it's fairly active. They don't seem to be too into the nuts n' bolts of things, but if you want to talk about paleo food, they look to fit that role well. Thanks for the tip!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

@Skeletor said:
    We're all vegan now.

I won't go that far, but I am drinking moldy coffee.

• But this is where all the people gather who DO get into the nuts and bolts!!! That's the point! Waaa!

• @Skeletor said:

@BulletproofYogini said:
    Maybe everyone's over on the Whole30 forum...

Hey, that's a nice forum. Never been there before. And it's fairly active. They don't seem to be too into the nuts n' bolts of things, but if you want to talk about paleo food, they look to fit that role well. Thanks for the tip!

I wouldn't bother. I responded to the following post saying I don't see anything wrong with only eating 2 meals per day if it works for you and my comment was promptly removed by the moderators without a reason given. My guess is because it didn't fit perfectly with the Whole30 protocol.

http://forum.whole30.com/topic/44411-2-mealsday-wrong-i-know-but-bad/#comment-453122

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

@HealthByDiet said:
    I wouldn't bother. I responded to the following post saying I don't see anything wrong with only eating 2 meals per day if it works for you and my comment was promptly removed by the moderators without a reason given. My guess is because it didn't fit perfectly with the Whole30 protocol.

http://forum.whole30.com/topic/44411-2-mealsday-wrong-i-know-but-bad/#comment-453122

Ugh, that's really dumb. The moderator's response to the OP in that thread is a head-scratcher, too. I've been skimming the threads there on occasion, but haven't bothered to actually sign up. I guess I won't if they're going to just bomb reasonable replies.

Anyone have any other active health/food forums worth looking into?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

The ETP forum is members only unfortunately, but it has mostly died out after the creation of the six ETP Facebook groups (meal planning, training, off topic, group coaching, certification course, and app support group). I think anyone can request to join the training, meal planning, and off topic groups, and I think you get access to all with the two week program free trial we just started offering.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,