Bp Diet W/ If - General Mood

edited January 2013 in The Bulletproof Diet
Hi All,

I've been doing the bulletproof diet with intermittent fasting now since Jan. 5th and have experienced great results. I've lost 13 lbs in the first two weeks, plateaued for about 4 days, and then started losing weight again regularly. I've lost a total of 19 lbs since starting on Jan. 5th. My energy levels are great and my body feels good all week. My one issue I've been struggling with since starting the BP diet has been mood swings and stress management. For the first week I assumed that it was due to carb/sugar cravings as my body adjusted to the new food intake. It's now been over 3 weeks and my food cravings are completely gone but I am still finding myself easily stressed/worked up over things that would normally be easily manageable for me.

I run a small business that's busy season is coming to an end so I have been working at 115% for the last 5 months but this last month's work load has been winding down considerably, unfortunately my stress levels and mood are still a bit off from my usual normals.

Has anyone else found this to be the case and if so any suggestions on adjustments I can make to help combat the mood swings/stress levels?

I am looking for any and all suggestions, Thank You!

Here is my personal stats / regiment to give you an overview of what I'm doing:

27 yrs old, 5'11, 235 lbs, started the diet @ 254 lbs

Supplements:

Morning - D3, K2, Iodine, Selenium

Day time - Krill Oil, Vit C, B12 + Folinic Acid - also copper depending on diet intake that week, 2 tbps L-Glutathione

Before Bed: ZMA, Potassium Citrate

Here is an average food intake day:

Breakfast (7:30am): 18oz BP coffee with 2-3 tbps Kerrysgold Unsalted and 2 tbps MCT Oil

Lunch (1pm): 12oz BP Coffee with 1.25 tbps Kerrysgold Unsalted and 2 tbps MCT Oil

Dinner (7:15pm): 8oz Grassfed Ground Beef, 4 to 6oz Shrimp or Wild Caught Salmon, 2 Pastured Eggs, 4 cups fresh baby spinach and brussel sprouts with extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing.

Average 60oz of water per day

Every 7 days I have a carb re-feed day, all of which are coming from the green/yellow sides of the BP spectrum.

Excercise: Spend work day on feet, walking an average of 7 miles (measured by fitbit). 2x a week I hike mixed terrain, usually about 3 to 5 miles at a time. 1x a week I do a 1.5hr yoga session.

Comments