With a high amount of cacao / nuts / mineral-rich foods in my daily die, are heavy metals a concern?

Are there any particular supplements for improving cognitive function via long-term chelation? (Maybe curcumin?)

I've been throwing in ALA, and from what I gather... this might be a step in the wrong direction (it's mentioned to increase brain / organ uptake of heavy metals after they're freed from other tissues.)

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm also curious about this. For instance, is there something that would pair well will cacao that might contain a little bit of cadmium?

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

@boconnell said:
    I'm also curious about this. For instance, is there something that would pair well will cacao that might contain a little bit of cadmium?

why do you want cadmium ?

fake it till you make it

• To be safe you can always do a weekly detox. Bentonite is good to catch heavy metals.
    It is also the cheapest and easiest solution.

@cortext said:
    Are there any particular supplements for improving cognitive function via long-term chelation? (Maybe curcumin?)

I've been throwing in ALA, and from what I gather... this might be a step in the wrong direction (it's mentioned to increase brain / organ uptake of heavy metals after they're freed from other tissues.)

• cortextcortext ✭✭
    edited March 2017

@haluk said:
    To be safe you can always do a weekly detox. Bentonite is good to catch heavy metals.

@cortext said:

From what I'm reading, it sounds like Bentonite is rich in Aluminum? (Which sounds counter-productive.) I have heard of guys drinking activated charcoal, which seems sort of odd. Maybe broken-cell wall chlorella or glutathione would make more sense (S-Acetyl-Glutathione or Daves?)

I was thinking about doing a hair mineral test, just to see if anything looks interesting there, but this also feels a little woo-wooy. (I've also seen urine / stool / blood tests for minerals & heavy metals, but that seems like too short of a glance into my diet.)

• The aluminium in bentonite is aluminum hydrosilicate which is in oxidized form and has only positive effects on the body.
    Because it is oxidized, the body can't take it. In Bentonite there is also a silicon surplus. Silicon can protect the brain from aluminum deposits. So even if some aluminum would manage to migrate into the body, the silicon surplus would prevent the aluminum from beeng stored in the body.

There are even animal studies, which shows that already aluminium contaminated animal brains was reverted into a clean state by a silicon rich diet.

@cortext said:

@haluk said:
    To be safe you can always do a weekly detox. Bentonite is good to catch heavy metals.

@cortext said:

From what I'm reading, it sounds like Bentonite is rich in Aluminum? (Which sounds counter-productive.) I have heard of guys drinking activated charcoal, which seems sort of odd. Maybe broken-cell wall chlorella or glutathione would make more sense (S-Acetyl-Glutathione or Daves?)

I was thinking about doing a hair mineral test, just to see if anything looks interesting there, but this also feels a little woo-wooy. (I've also seen urine / stool / blood tests for minerals & heavy metals, but that seems like too short of a glance into my diet.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file