Infrared Sauna Recommendations?

Does anyone have a list of Infrared Sauna's they'd recommend.

Thank You

Comments

• The key is to get one that is tested to be low EMF and also doesn't off gas nasty chemicals. We bought a Clearlight and like it a lot. Ben Greenfield did a podcast a while back with a sauna expert that talked about these issues in depth.

• @Tom from Raleigh said:
    The key is to get one that is tested to be low EMF and also doesn't off gas nasty chemicals. We bought a Clearlight and like it a lot. Ben Greenfield did a podcast a while back with a sauna expert that talked about these issues in depth.

Awesome!

Was looking at this one particularly; http://goldendesigninc.com/saunas/dyn-6996-01-dynamic-far-infrared-sauna-monaco-edition/

Would love to know everyones thoughts

• Hi, I was researching infrared saunas when I came upon this post. I registered in the forum to be able to participate in this thread. The sauna mentioned above (DYN-6996-01 Dynamic Near Zero EMF Far Infrared Sauna) sounds good to me for 2 reasons: it uses the large surface carbon emitters and i claims to be low EMF. There's one thing I'm not sure about though. Please allow me to explain. I have used the infrared sauna cabin in the public sauna in the wellness centre in my town. This is an infrared sauna cabin with 4 emitters that glow orange and feel very hot when near them. As I understand it, this is "near infrared". I do think this because of this explanation about far infrared sauna vs near infrared. In this explanation there's an electromagnetic wave spectrum, where you can see that the red part of the visible light spectrum is more toward the right (lower energy, longer wavelenghts) of the chart. If you go even further to the right, (even longer wavelengths) you arrive in the far infrared spectrum and even more to the right is microwaves (which are associated with EMF as I understand it). My question is: when I'm using the cabin with emitters that clearly emit an orange/red light, that must mean that they are near infrared rather than far infrared. BUT: far infrared is nearer to the EMF-containing side of the spectrum. Does this indeed mean that far infrared will emit more EMF? And how can the carbon panels of the abovementioned infrared sauna claim to be low EMF if that is the case?

• mollyb9mollyb9
    edited May 19

Most of the infrared saunas that are on the market are made in China. The suppliers/distributors that you will encounter in the US obtain their saunas from these manufacturers in China and just relabel it as their own including trying to differentiate their heaters by implying it is a special, exclusive technology. This is almost never the case, just a way to lure customers into spending more money.

Watch out for: some sauna resellers will advertise a 2-person or 3-person sauna at an unbelievably low price; however, the sauna dimension is far smaller than the recommended size. You need to know the difference between a decent sauna and the cheap replica, so be aware.

• edited May 22

Thanks for reviews,good suggestions