Day 9 and I feel AWFUL

Hi BP-ers-

It's day 9 on BP and I feel rotten. I've had some days where I've thought I've turned the corner, but today is another hellacious day so I'm reaching out in hopes you've got some ideas for me.

I've searched the forums and other people seem to be reporting mild headaches and tons of energy. I don't feel any of that. Head feels like it's got an axe in it, it's 1:42pm and I feel lethargic and exhausted and as soon as I'm done typing here, I'm planning on going to lie down. Thank god I have my own business and I can clear my schedule.

I'm no stranger to keto and I've lost the same 30lbs at least four times. I've never felt this bad before. I did the Bulletproof Rapid Fast Loss Protocol back in the summer and didn't feel this icky, although I was still doing some dairy.

Maybe it's because I've completely cut out dairy?

I'm female, 5'7" and 220lbs (down 10lbs, so there is that). Even before finding BP, I've generally eaten organic and I buy a grass fed and finished half of beef every year. Just too much mostly organic sugar, and apparently at the wrong time.

I've been taking some fiber to help move things along, and I'm also taking the Upgraded Coconut Charcoal. The other day I took 12 capsules of the charcoal over the course of a day before I finally started to feel better.

I also take 2,000mg of Jarrow NAC. I've got some glutathione on the way. I take a ton of other supplements as well. Prenatals, DIM (for estrogen) fish oil, D (I live in the great white north), etc.

Today: two cups of BP coffee, made with Organic Valley Pasture Butter, Upgraded beans, a bit of stevia (used this brand for a long time), XCT and Brain Octane. Grass fed steak with butter and an avocado with sea salt for lunch. That's all I felt like I could handle. I took some HCL with it as well.

I intuitively know this is the right course of action and eating. I'm committed to sticking with it. Just wondering if you've got any suggestions to feel less like nuked factory meat. :'(

Some questions on the finer points.

Is two hours far enough from supplements to take the charcoal?

What about taking the charcoal and fiber together? My brain doesn't seem to be working well enough to sort this out.

Is the sauna worth a trip or might that over tax me? Wet or dry?

How much charcoal can I take?

What about adding something like Green Vibrance?

Not sure where this fits in but I've also been waking up with a really metallic taste in my mouth. Goes away eventually. But it's not the sweet ketosis breath people seem to describe.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited March 14

The metallic taste in the morning could be due to some pills or supps that you may be taking before bed ?

Other possible causes I've read are;
    too much zinc,
    or too much Vitamin D.

^ that's just a few that come to mind, it looks like there are plenty of others, according to google...

fake it till you make it

• Thanks for the reply! I laid down for a bit and then went back and read the rapid fat loss protocol for some hints. When I wrote this I felt so crappy I couldn't even think of this.

I had 1tsp pink salt. I forced myself to go to the pharmacy and buy some potassium and magnesium (Thorne) and took 5mg glutamine.

In about 90 minutes I felt 1000x better.

For prosperities sake.

https://blog.bulletproof.com/rapid-fat-loss-protocol/

• I wasnt feeling that great on day nine either. However, I take no supplements (not ready yet and still uneducated about most of them). Detoxing is a mug. With that said, you generally do feel worse before you feel better. My recommendations:

• Keep your goal in mind. Choose one to focus on. Doing everything at one time makes crashing easy to do when one thing is not clicking.
    • Stay connected with community. Sometimes you need help holding up.
    • Stay motivated. Get Dave's book (I listen to it at work), listen to his podcasts, and keep one foot in front of the other.
  • DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Ok, so you know keto... do you also know about keto flu? Case closed.

But seriously... I recommend taking care of you minerals/electrolytes and did you have a refeed day? I always get that terrible headache the day after refeed when I do fasting anf wait for getting back in keto....

Also it is possible that you ate too much carbs/protein and fell out of keto and now you feel like crap and wonder why....

Good luck...

@Upgraded_Cassie said:
    Hi BP-ers-

It's day 9 on BP and I feel rotten. I've had some days where I've thought I've turned the corner, but today is another hellacious day so I'm reaching out in hopes you've got some ideas for me.

I've searched the forums and other people seem to be reporting mild headaches and tons of energy. I don't feel any of that. Head feels like it's got an axe in it, it's 1:42pm and I feel lethargic and exhausted and as soon as I'm done typing here, I'm planning on going to lie down. Thank god I have my own business and I can clear my schedule.

I'm no stranger to keto and I've lost the same 30lbs at least four times. I've never felt this bad before. I did the Bulletproof Rapid Fast Loss Protocol back in the summer and didn't feel this icky, although I was still doing some dairy.

I'm female, 5'7" and 220lbs (down 10lbs, so there is that). Even before finding BP, I've generally eaten organic and I buy a grass fed and finished half of beef every year. Just too much mostly organic sugar, and apparently at the wrong time.

I've been taking some fiber to help move things along, and I'm also taking the Upgraded Coconut Charcoal. The other day I took 12 capsules of the charcoal over the course of a day before I finally started to feel better.

I also take 2,000mg of Jarrow NAC. I've got some glutathione on the way. I take a ton of other supplements as well. Prenatals, DIM (for estrogen) fish oil, D (I live in the great white north), etc.

Today: two cups of BP coffee, made with Organic Valley Pasture Butter, Upgraded beans, a bit of stevia (used this brand for a long time), XCT and Brain Octane. Grass fed steak with butter and an avocado with sea salt for lunch. That's all I felt like I could handle. I took some HCL with it as well.

I intuitively know this is the right course of action and eating. I'm committed to sticking with it. Just wondering if you've got any suggestions to feel less like nuked factory meat. :'(

Some questions on the finer points.

Is two hours far enough from supplements to take the charcoal?

What about taking the charcoal and fiber together? My brain doesn't seem to be working well enough to sort this out.

Is the sauna worth a trip or might that over tax me? Wet or dry?

How much charcoal can I take?

What about adding something like Green Vibrance?

Not sure where this fits in but I've also been waking up with a really metallic taste in my mouth. Goes away eventually. But it's not the sweet ketosis breath people seem to describe.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Maybe it's because I've completely cut out dairy?

If you think this, than test it :)

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

@haluk said:

If you think this, than test it :)

This is very unlikely tho and I don't see a reason for that to be the case.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training