Need help to get started with LLLT

Hello There.

First off, I'm so glad I found this forum and it is great to be here! I recently started with the BP diet and I think it's pretty amazing! So over the past few days I was lurking around and finally decided to register.

I've read a lot on the forum and found some very interesting articles on the BP blog. One thing which caught my attention was Light Hacking, especially the LLLT.
Now I actually would like to get started with it. I already read the article “Light Hacking for Better Energy, Mood, and Performance”, but there are just a few things written about LLLT.

My question is what kind of equipment do I need to get started? It's hard to get reliable information on proper gear. So far I found two manufactures: Vityas and Vielight.
Especially some products of the latter one are quite pricey. So I was wondering if it is possible to get things like that used for sale. I already did some more research online and checked out some websites classified adds. But it's hard to find something.

I work in the IT department and since the beginning of this year it's getting more and more stressful. I'm working long hours and I feel terribly exhausted. I feel like my (mental) power is constantly decreasing. So I guess Light Therapy and LLT are a good start.

Anybody here has some tips and recommendations? Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Steve.

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

@SteveM Hehe welcome to the forum.

Here is a warning for you. I am happy to see you did some research but these products or super overpriced (Vielight). You as IT guy understand that some LEDs glass and plastic do not need to cost that much. Over here I can get this intranasal stuff for like 30EUR: http://www.pearl.de/a-NC2400-5201.shtml?query=heuschnupfen

Just an example.

You can take one of those infrared light monitor lamps for the night watch and take that appart and put that on your head for 2 minutes. I feel a huge effect from very powerful and strong IR lamps as recommended by the clinical researcher himself whos name I forgot :D ... but for starters google @lostfalco and read his website in order to see how lighthacking with IR light works.

By reading what you say I recommend starting with diet and nutrients along with exercise and turning of white light before sleeping and turning on bright light in the morning....

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Hey DMan.

I know a lot of this stuff is really overpriced. So thanks for your advice. I'll do some more research this weekend.

• @SteveM said:
    Hello There.

First off, I'm so glad I found this forum and it is great to be here! I recently started with the BP diet and I think it's pretty amazing! So over the past few days I was lurking around and finally decided to register.

I've read a lot on the forum and found some very interesting articles on the BP blog. One thing which caught my attention was Light Hacking, especially the LLLT.
    Now I actually would like to get started with it. I already read the article “Light Hacking for Better Energy, Mood, and Performance”, but there are just a few things written about LLLT.

My question is what kind of equipment do I need to get started? It's hard to get reliable information on proper gear. So far I found two manufactures: Vityas and Vielight.
    Especially some products of the latter one are quite pricey. So I was wondering if it is possible to get things like that used for sale. I already did some more research online and checked out some websites classified adds. But it's hard to find something. Maybe I should start with a cheap infrared lamp.

I work in the IT department and since the beginning of this year it's getting more and more stressful. I'm working long hours and I feel terribly exhausted. I feel like my (mental) power is constantly decreasing. So I guess Light Therapy and LLT are a good start.

Anybody here has some tips and recommendations? Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Steve.

OK. I just got a cheap infrared lamp. And will see how it will work out. At the same time I'll continue with my BP diet.

Thanks for the support.

• SteveM, how is the lamp working out? I checked the Philips HP3614 and it does not say on their site what kind of wavelength on the light spectrum the lamp gives off.

Got my hands on this bugger , exo-terra.com/en/products/infrared_basking_spot_lighting.php , the 75 w. There shouldn't be much difference to the Philips, the way I see it. Anyone know about the wavelengths and such?

• On Amazon I found 845nm IR lights which are used for night vision security systems. One with 48 LED cost less than $10. It operates with 12 VDC To make it stay on all of the time, unscrew the cover and put a piece of black tape over the day light sensor, so it thinks it is night time . I use this light all over my head for about 5 minutes per day. Some of my grey hair is turning brown, and the skin on my face looks better. Not sure if it is the IR light or other dietary changes.