Healthy Cholesterol Levels ?

halukhaluk
edited March 2017 in The Bulletproof Diet

Today I talked about the bulletproof diet to a friend of me, who is a medical doctor.
He was very concerned about my health and advised to do a blood test.

I don't think that there is some thing bad, because I feel great, but I want to be prepared
when it comes to cholesterol levels.

What are healthy cholesterol levels according to the newest bio hacker knowledge ?

Tagged:

Comments

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭✭

Cholesterol levels are a bit of a problem - they're relatively easy to measure, but they're only helpful as an indirect measure of what is happening inside your body.

You want your HDL as high as possible, over 50 is good. Triglycerides should be as low as possible, ideally under 100.

The other numbers don't matter as much. If you have high total cholesterol it could be a sign of inflammation, or a sign of healing. Total cholesterol levels tend to spike (sometimes very high) when you lose weight.

If you are at a stable weight for a while (a year) and your total cholesterol levels are over 300 it's probably a sign that your body is fighting inflammation somewhere. That inflammation may be a problem that you need to address with a doctor, but the cholesterol itself is just an indirect way to be aware of it.

Doctors who are not well informed think that you need to lower your cholesterol levels for the sake of having low cholesterol levels. That's just not true.

• I would suggest reading Peter Attia's series called 'The Straight Dope on Cholesterol' if you want to inform yourself.

• cholesterol level vary on age and weight. For adults total **cholesterol level **should be less than 200 milligrams per deciliter.