What supplements are recommended for healing a broken bone?

My mom (age 60) broke her hip and had it repaired with metal screws. I want to make sure her bones heal as strong as humanly possible. What supplements are good for bone health and repair?

She already takes D and K2, but probably not in the best dose. What would the recommended dosage be for this?

The doctor recommended calcium and she told him that I told her that I read K2 is better for bone health. He looked at me like I was crazy. Should she also be taking calcium?

She is on blood pressure medication so any supplements need to not interact with that. Thank you for your recommendations.

Comments

• Calcium, Vitamin K , Collagen, Vitamin C, Zinc, Magnesium, Omega 3, Vitamin D3

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Well if a doctor treats you like that go to another one who talks to you like a human being. Vit K2, D2, Mg, Cal work well together. However make sure to not give her too much calcium and I would prefer it from food over supps. Also if you want the best outcome possible I would in this case recommend the ICES device.

• @DMan said:
    Well if a doctor treats you like that go to another one who talks to you like a human being. Vit K2, D2, Mg, Cal work well together. However make sure to not give her too much calcium and I would prefer it from food over supps. Also if you want the best outcome possible I would in this case recommend the ICES device.

He was ER doc we'll probably never see again, and he was otherwise very nice and helpful. Just... a big believer in calcium I guess. Like most people who don't know any better.

Thank you for the advice.