What supplements are recommended for healing a broken bone?

My mom (age 60) broke her hip and had it repaired with metal screws. I want to make sure her bones heal as strong as humanly possible. What supplements are good for bone health and repair?

She already takes D and K2, but probably not in the best dose. What would the recommended dosage be for this?

The doctor recommended calcium and she told him that I told her that I read K2 is better for bone health. He looked at me like I was crazy. Should she also be taking calcium?

She is on blood pressure medication so any supplements need to not interact with that. Thank you for your recommendations.

Comments

• Calcium, Vitamin K , Collagen, Vitamin C, Zinc, Magnesium, Omega 3, Vitamin D3

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Well if a doctor treats you like that go to another one who talks to you like a human being. Vit K2, D2, Mg, Cal work well together. However make sure to not give her too much calcium and I would prefer it from food over supps. Also if you want the best outcome possible I would in this case recommend the ICES device.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• @DMan said:
    Well if a doctor treats you like that go to another one who talks to you like a human being. Vit K2, D2, Mg, Cal work well together. However make sure to not give her too much calcium and I would prefer it from food over supps. Also if you want the best outcome possible I would in this case recommend the ICES device.

He was ER doc we'll probably never see again, and he was otherwise very nice and helpful. Just... a big believer in calcium I guess. Like most people who don't know any better.

Thank you for the advice.

• Don't sleep on her diet.

Supplements are easy, but a diet full of fat soluble vitamins (notice most of the ones mentioned are fat soluble) will also help. Organ meats, cold water fish, clams, oysters, grass fed dairy.

• Most important supplement for this: Bone broth! (Dr. Axe sells a powdered form of this)

Trace minerals (Himalayan salt; also, Fulvic ionic mineral drops are awesome)

Collagen or gelatin for the connective tissues

Plenty of sunshine to help your body assimilate the minerals (Before noon is best because it's heavily infrared)

MSM

• I feel like this is a thread that somebody might know about this product....has anyone every tried this? I was thinking about using it to help with a fracture in my foot. It's called Rapid Bone Aid....

https://amazon.com/Natural-Nutrition-Works-Rapid-Powder/dp/B01DV6P8JC/ref=lp_14489841011_1_1_a_it?srs=14489841011&ie=UTF8&qid=1495125430&sr=8-1