Neurofeedback At Home

For about 5-6 months I have been seeing a psychiatrist that specializes in Neurofeedback. I've been going once a week. We've done a few different things, but the stuff we did the most was Heart Math training with light and sound brainwave entrainment. It was super expensive and I just had to drop out due to hospital bills. Basically, I am now trying to recreate his set up in my house. It wasn't that complicated, he used Neuro-Programmer 3 and some AudioStrobe LED glasses and hooked up an emWave desktop as well. During the sessions the lights would flash, binaural beats or isochronic tones would play and I would try and get into coherence. He also measured my GSR and hooked some sensors up to my shoulder to measure the tightness. In previous sessions he would apply 4 or 5 EEG sensors to parts of my head and measure stuff there. One time he hooked me up a to a weird game.

What's the point of all this? Well, since I am no longer seeing him I started thinking about how I could do this on my own and recreating (and improving) his set up. For the amount of money I was spending I could certainly recreate this over a few months no problem.

Here's what I've got on my list so far:

Light and Sound Machine - Mindplace Procyon AVS System Light and Sound Meditation Mind Machine Price: $269.00

My criteria for the glasses were they had to be compatible with Neuro-Programmer 3. These were listed as supported on the web site. There may be cheaper options out there, didn't really look into it.

Emotiv EEG Headset - $750

I have an emWave 2 which I could hook up to my computer, so I won't to get the emWave desktop. I may buy the desktop software if it's got some nicer things on it.

I don't know anything about Neuro-Programmer so I've got some learning to do when it comes to that.

What do you guys think? Does this seem doable? Do you have any recommendations for something that can measure my GSR? Is that really even necessary?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file