Welcome to the Bulletproof Executive Forum

AndrewAndrew
edited August 2013 in General Discussion

Dear Bulletproof Executive Readers,

I'm stoked to introduce the brand new Bulletproof Executive Forum. This gives us a place to discuss everything Bulletproof, all in one place.

This forum is now *the* place to post your questions! It's the very first place Dave and I will see questions. When you ask questions here on the forums, everyone can benefit from the questions and responses.

You can easily begin discussion (for free) by clicking the "Register" link above and opening a forum profile.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Comments

• BrianHKerrBrianHKerr Quantified Biohacker
    I have been waiting for this! Thanks for getting this forum up, I know it will spread lots of valuable information!

-I am looking forward to the community that grows from this!
  • I agree! I am excited to see this forum now available and can't wait to share all of my bulletproof experiences. Hopefully I can contribute, but at this point, I may just ask a lot of questions.

Thanks for starting this!
  • Well this is awesome, thanks!

It'd be nice to have a thread where members introduce themselves or maybe we can use this one.
  • I have just found this diet and forum this weekend and I am impressed with all the research and facts as it ALL makes sense to me bc I know that it IS the carbs that are ailing me...organic or not. It seems to be working great with men, but what are the results for women? I ask this bc I am a frustrated woman dieter and it's absolutely insane how much misleading information there is out there even with well-know health coaches. I am tired of trying diet A-thru-Z and I feel this is my last resort...and it seems like the ONE. But I do need a little confirmation please.

I would need coaching with portions and meal frequency, and yes, I know it says to not count calories but the minute I eat all of that healthy fat the minute I know I'll gain weight...and that's the last thing I need now.

Can someone shed some light bc I'd like to start recovering my health and getting my body back ASAP?

THANK YOU for this forum!
  • Super excited about the forum. I started implementing BP strategies a few months ago and have seen some really nice improvements in my health, energy and body composition.

Looking forward to sharing strategies and insights with everyone here on the forum.

If anyone wants to get in touch directly just email me - tim@renegadedad.net.

All the best,

Tim
  • Found your site after someone mentioned "Bulletproof Coffee" in a post on MarksDailyApple. I think I have about 2 videos and 8 blog posts left to read. WOW!!

mim0914 wrote:

I would need coaching with portions and meal frequency, and yes, I know it says to not count calories but the minute I eat all of that healthy fat the minute I know I'll gain weight...and that's the last thing I need now.

Can someone shed some light bc I'd like to start recovering my health and getting my body back ASAP?

Honestly, I would follow Dave's diet (sticking to the left side only) to a T. Counting calories (for reasons other than journaling or data collection) is a waste of time in my opinion. In my experience (and my wife's) eating healthy fat and avoiding grains is probably the best thing you can do for overall well-being and gut reduction. Generally, you feel like crap if you eat crappy fed animals (or no animals at all) and get fat if you don't eat healthy fats. I'll post more in a more appropriate forum, but thought you needed a response.
  • JedaroJr, yes I needed that. I appreciate the brief mention about your wife's progress. The more I read, the more I understand it is not gender related.

Yes, I'd love to see what's working for you and your wife.

I just knew that the 'healthy' grains/carbs I've been eating have been ailing me.

Thank you much! :)
  • Hey welcome to all. it's me Ashcombe from USA. I am new to this forum.
  • Hello Bulletproof Forum members, and welcome to the brand new Bulletproof Forum!

A few things to know about the new forum ...

1) You can sign in with Twitter now, and sign in with Facebook is coming soon!

2) If you had a profile picture on the old forum, I'm afraid it's been lost. But you can add a new one very easily by editing your profile.

3) If you're one of the people who has been waiting and waiting to be approved for Bulletproof Forum, you need wait no longer. Spam won't be nearly as much of an issue on this new forum, so just sign up again. When you sign up you'll get an email that contains a link you can use to activate your own account and start posting right away!

4) If you're having trouble with anything on the new forum please PM me, if something's wrong I'd like to know!

-Andrew

Bulletproof Executive

• I am wondering if there is a decaf version available as I have hyperthyroid and cannot have caffeine so have been using a swiss water process organic decaf but this sounds great and would love to try it if there is a decaf available.

Thanks
  • You are better off avoiding all coffee than drinking decaf, even swiss water process. But I'm suspicious of the advice to avoid coffee when you have hyperthyroidism. The reasons given are because, according to "Living Well with Graves' Disease and Hyperthyroidism," you should avoid caffeine entirely if you suffer from hyperthyroidism becuase it can increase your heart rate and worsen such symptoms as anxiety, irritability, nervousness and fatigue.

Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee is designed to NOT do those things anyway. Do what your doctor says, but that advice seems off to me.
  • Hi all, new to the forum. Recently got found this website thanks to one of my friends introducing me to bulletproof whey, so here I am. Looking forward to finding out more about this community.
  • hi all, i'm new here but realize that my "diet" already is kind of bulletproof. except that i have tea and no coffee (coffee for me has to be a ristretto after a nice meal in italy... otherwise i cant drink it!)

greetings from sunny switzerland!

B.
  • Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    1st week trying this, feel good but probably needs some tweeking, not sure what though.

8:30am pre wod- 1/2 sc protien powder mixed in pre-workout product and 2tbsp virgin coconut oil

9:00am wod- sealfit

11:00am post wod- 1 1/2sc protien, 3 kale, 1"pc ginger, 2tsp spirulina, 1tsp chlorella, 1tbsp MCT, 1tsp fish oil

12:30pm palm sized meat, 2c broccoli/cauliflour/celery mix w/1tbsp MCT and acv, 1/2c lentils

5:30pm 1st work break- 2 eggs, 1/3c kim chi, 1/3c almonds

8:30pm dinner break- palm sized meat, 2c broccoli/cauliflour/celery mix w/1tbsp MCT and acv, 1/2c lentils

11:00pm last break- 1/3c pumkin seeds

so, I know lentils are bad but I need some carb replenishment that can be filling, I don't know if yams would do it (higher carb count per volume) I guess I could get an amount that is equal in carbs and have more fat. Suggestions?
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • I have a question.

What if you are vegetarian for idealistic reasons, not health reasons?

Can you supplement the things you are missing?

Is there a Win/Win situation there? Or can one be discovered?

Thanks!
  • ric: I would say that you can certainly be HEALTHY as a vegetarian, but just not OPTIMALLY healthy. Supplementation cannot replace all the things you lose without eating some animal products. If you are vegetarian for idealistic reasons.... consider that to harvest vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, etc. there still is some loss of life (i.e. insects, rodents and some other plants). But I'm not really trying to convince you just laying on my thinking on the table. Good luck man!
  • Hi I am one of the many people that have discovered Bulletproof executive / upgraded self, from the Joe Rogan Podcast. I live in New Jersey near New York City. I started eating bullet proof with my wife on October 22, i was 210 lb 45 inches around the stomach. Despite a hurricane, thanksgiving and two birthday parties i lost 20 lb and 2 1/2" feeling more energetic and very optimistic about achieving my ideal body

thank you
  • I am new to coffee. I really like the affects and enjoy the taste. I am overweight and I am interested in starting the bulletproof diet. I have never ground my own coffee and wanted your opinion on an affordable grinder and any tips you might have to gain the full benefits? Also wondering if my cheap coffee maker is adequate for brewing or should I upgrade to other equipment? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jason
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

I am new to coffee. I really like the affects and enjoy the taste. I am overweight and I am interested in starting the bulletproof diet. I have never ground my own coffee and wanted your opinion on an affordable grinder and any tips you might have to gain the full benefits? Also wondering if my cheap coffee maker is adequate for brewing or should I upgrade to other equipment? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jason

Jason, GET INVOLVED, SON! You're going to love it! I was a bit of a fatty - 107kg (237lbs) at 6'0 tall and now I'm down to 97kg (213lbs) in 5 weeks and that includes at least one CHEAT DAY a week, and I don't mean snacking on healthy carbs... I mean, binging on pizza and beer! However, I'd still have my bulletproof coffee EVERY morning, and every other day of the week I ate as close to the green side as possible. Eating fats is delicious too!

Coffee grinder? A burr grinder is better than a blade grinder, but they both work fine. I currently use a blade grinder.

Coffee maker? Try the AeroPress. Easy to use. Easy to clean. Portable. Cheap too!

Tips? Make sure the butter is grass-fed and make sure you use MCT oil too.

I'd also invest in a vacuum sealer for food. Buy your coffee in bulk, then seal off the beans in roughly 1 week supply sizes. This way, you're only grinding fresh beans when you need them. Make sure you BLEND your coffee to get the nice head of foam, don't just mix it. Otherwise it kinda tastes crappy.

Final word of advice: STAY BULLETPROOF, YO!! \m/

No sorcery, just science. 

• Hi I'm kinda a newbie and was wondering Mark, if home made kefir from organic raw grass fed goats milk is bulletproof? I am guessing it would be however would like to be sure image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> thank you so much
  • I just started following the diet-I work out about 5/6 times per week circuit training- how and what should I be eating following a workout? I know I need some carbs- what would you guys recommend as a post workout meal?
  • Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    'edj336' wrote:

I just started following the diet-I work out about 5/6 times per week circuit training- how and what should I be eating following a workout? I know I need some carbs- what would you guys recommend as a post workout meal?

Try having a scoop of protein powder 1/2hr before and 1 1/2scoops after with 9-18g carb, don't forget your glutamine, creatine, and fish oil.
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • [url="http://[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa16/radhatter1958/Poolshotsummerishere.jpg[/IMG]"]http://Poolshotsummerishere.jpg[/url]

Hi

54 yrs old - married, 4 kids ( 20, 18, 7 and 5 ) Hotelier

Primal Blueprint since 2006 - now switching to BP.

This is day three using BP Coffee (the Nespresso Black version) and I'm feeling great !

Actively sourcing grassfed Kerrygold butter in HK.

Nice to meet you all image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />
  • otroraotrora
    edited February 2013
    Hi all. Been here for a couple of weeks but wanted to formally introduce myself.

I am one of those IT guys that spends a lot of time sitting in front of a computer. 5'7" tall, 36 years old, Latino background, live in the Washington DC area (Virginia suburbs). Started following paleo on January 15th and 5 days later started with the BP coffee and then went crazy buying grass-fed beef and pastured pork, free range eggs, etc. Also got my hands on raw milk (not easy to do here as it is not for sale so I joined a CSA).

Also, back in November started doing Insanity, but now realized this is not effective so will switch to follow the Body by Science workout and see what happens.

I have noticed a big improvement and have lost around 9 pounds. My belly looks better and a small definition of abs is showing now.

I had a Dexa scan done last week and got a 32% body fat (a bio-impedance based device shows me at around 22% body fat).

Like any other guy, would like to increase muscle and lose fat, so that is what I working towards.

As I am still a newbie, pretty much everything is a novelty to me and try to review the scientific research behind what's going on. I am starting with the diet and exercise routine for now, and will probably incorporate more biohacks as I continue moving forward.

Anyway, long intro, I know, so finally, Hi all, and thanks for the support you guys provide here!
  • Otrora, which CSA did you join and where are you buying your grass-fed beef in NoVA?
  • otroraotrora
    edited February 2013

Otrora, which CSA did you join and where are you buying your grass-fed beef in NoVA?

This is the CSA

http://www.chicamarun.com/

They also sell beef. I will be there tomorrow picking up my milk for the week and some beef and pork.

The beef, pork and pastured eggs I can also get them at the leesburg's Farmers' Market on Saturday mornings. I buy my beef from John and he comes every other week. Last Saturday I got this tongue to die for. And the pork loin I had today was great too.

http://www.loudounfarmersmarkets.org/Winter.php
  • M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

my name is mark.  i like turtles

• HI everyone... SO excited to have found this forum... It's great to meet you all!  it's a little weird how I got to Bulletproof- through a series of FB posts, and me being me, I kept researching all the info about IF... WOW, was I doing things incorrectly... I was eating every few hours... forcing myself to eat in the morning and feeling sick afterwards..... I am a mommy of 2 kids, a daughter 14 and a son 3... still working on losing those last 10 pounds from my son.... the past year, I have lost weight, gained it back... done several workouts- some that I loved, others that I didn't... but the pounds have been VERY difficult to take off.  I realize the last 10 are always the most difficult, but it has really been a struggle.  I eat VERY clean every day and do a 90/10 PALEO, except Sundays when I allow myself to "cheat" for a few hours.... I never eat after dinner, so that is not a difficult rule to follow with Bulletproof... for the past 3 days, I have been following IF by eating around 12:30/1 and stopping around 6 or so.... I have ordered the coffee, but just to try it out, I used the Kerry butter (which believe it or not, I already had) and a bit of coconut oil (waiting for the other oil) and made my coffee- this is the 2nd day in a row that I've had it and I LOVE, LOVE LOVE it!!!  I'm really looking forward to seeing what this type of eating has in store for me- and of course losing my last 10..... I see most are recommending the Body by Science workouts.... looking forward to checking those out... my favorite workouts are Bar Method & Spin classes at the gym.... 

I DO have a question.... when I go to the gym at 6 AM for spin class, do I NEED to do a protein powder drink after or can I just have my coffee?  How about when I lift?  From what I understand, that is NOT breaking fast, correct?  

• karenkaren "Say your 3 S's: Star, Smile, Strong!"

Hi everyone, I saw a post on fb that mentioned bulletproof coffee and wondered hmmmmm...what's that? So I found this forum and have been trying out the bulletproof diet best I can as a newbie and someone who knows little about weightlifting or Paleo and even less about things like 'stacking' and other terminology. So any help is appreciated! 

I have been an avid biohacker in my own realm - studied a sound healing modality since back in the 90s that has decoded the frequencies of every substance, organ, muscle, etc. in the human body. Pretty cool to see what turning on an analog frequency can do to the body in a split second (some responses not that desirable....think Dim Mak) :) 

I come from a raw food background (including raw dairy, which I've had since I was a child) - I lost a ton of weight as a raw vegan, but gained it all back when I returned to S.A.D. so I'm hoping being bulletproof is my happy-best-of-all-worlds-lifestyle going forward. I've been drinking bulletproof coffee and following the food plan for a couple of weeks with some of the supplements...it feels pretty easy, but not really noticing any change as of yet, but hoping for something. I really think I have to get out and exercise more to jumpstart getting rid of this extra fat.

Glad to meet you all and I'm looking forward to learning!

• Greetings all,

Came across the site through Dan John's interview and I'm liking what I read. 40 year old male, living in Andalucía, Spain and I find myself in better shape than ever thanks to a "BP" ish way of life. Going to delve into all the articles now.  Unfortunately got nobody to talk about these things in real life with so I'll do that here.