Welcome to the Bulletproof Executive Forum

Comments

• Glad to have you here!  Our community is growing so quickly these days.

• Hi everyone --

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm new here... so forgive any rookie questions. 

I am conscious of what I eat, but was looking for change in approach. I really liked the refined approach BPE takes to Paleo, so I started.

I also happen to work in High Tech, like Dave, so approaching the body like a system made sense to me.

I happen to be outside Boston if there are any BPE's out this way.

All the best. I'm sure I'll see you in the forums.

Patrick 

• Hi, Patrick.  Let us know what we can help you with, and we will do our best to make you Bulletproof!

• Hi everyone! My name is Celia it's my second day having the bulletproof coffee(don't have the oil as yet so just using the butter). The bulletproof coffee was suggested to me at the start of the year by someone I subscribe to, I like the idea and thought I would try it but never did. Last week I saw some pics from a wedding I attended and was horrified....although I have been working out I'm not seeing any result, so I realize that I need to do something different. The thing is I don't have any energy during the day...so went on the web and started to look for something to gove me some energy and once again came across the bulletproof coffee and it led me here. I'm so glad that I found this site. Feeling good after my coffee so far today.

Whisking everyone a great day.
  • Hi, Celia.  I am glad to see another Bulletproof coffee drinker out there!  Welcome to the forums.

• Community please help! I need opinions on BP diet and any link to appendicitis. I started the discussion in general discussions. Thanks:)
  • Hi everyone!

Been following the blog and reading the forums for a couple of weeks now. Tons of great information here.

Loving the BP coffee!

• I am new to BP, but have been eating Paleo for a while now.  I have a question about the BP coffee, will I get the same results by drinking decaf? I only have 10-15lbs to lose and was hoping this new way of eating would help with that, in addition to improving my health in general.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Just wanted to introduce myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDHui1BZYA

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• edited June 2013

Hello,  it is an honor to join you all here in this exciting endeavor and journey into

well-being and self-improvement. I am from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

I have been doing the bulletproof coffee breakfast plan for about three weeks now.

I am using coffee which I buy from a local health food store. I buy the beans from their bulk food section , and they  are labeled as 'roasted fresh daily in Ottawa'. The coffee is known as 'International Kafia' and I believe it to be single source mountain grown from Columbia.

I plan to switch to Bulletproof Coffee brand when finances enable. Actually what I plan to do is to

order a kit, for I am on a very limited fixed income and need to save money wherever possible, but

am in great need of the  health boost which I sense ordering a complete kit will provide me.

I caution anyone who is new to drinking Bulletproof Coffee to be careful not to overdo the amount

of butter and MCT oil which they add to their coffee. I made  the mistake of using way too much of both in my coffee for a few days, and it caused bad diarrhea. 

On a positive note, my stomach has flattened out after just three weeks , and I am able to

focus very intensely on my work after drinking the coffee. Three or more years of brain fog has

lifted, and I see my way forward to accomplish things which had seemed insurmountable just

a month ago. 

I tried the Kale recipe yesterday and it was delicious, though I did  not have protein powder or

collagen powder to add to it.

Hope to stick to this plan. I suspect that I am like many  people in my habit of fleeting from one

health fad to another without even realizing what I am doing. IT seems that one moment I am immersed in the Marshall Protocol, or devotedly following Gary Gordon or Dr. William Wong, only to find myself part of Dave Asprey's following months later. My hope is that I can glean some of the best advice and knowledge from all of these people and come through healthier and younger and stronger as the end result. So far it seems to be working. I am now officially a coffee snob. I confess that I didn't have a clue what the coffee cluture was all about for years if not decades. Dave Asprey finally came forward and revealed it all . Focus. Brain chemistry.

Energy. I had always thought  the whole fuss over coffee so....superficial . I thought the power of coffee was being exaggerated, and the appreciation of it taken to silly extremes. Plus the cost involved in frequenting 

gourmet cofffe houses irritated me. I was ignorant and judgmental to say the least. Dave ASprey changed all of that by 'cutting to the chase' and explaining exactly what was on offer and why it was important .

thank you, Dave Asprey.

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to BP.  I started doing paleo about 6 months ago because 1) I was tired of eating 1300 calories/day to maintain my weight (my bmi is 20-21), 2) hated being cold all the time and having dry hair 3) knew I was hitting menopause early and didn't want stubborn belly fat, and 4) knew I was eating lo-calorie crap -- I would eat 3-4 nonfat, sugar-free yogurts daily -- and that it wasn't healthful but had to break my food habits.  I have been pretty successful with changing my diet by eliminating wheat, sugar, aspartame (my nephew kept sending me articles on diet sweeteners to get me to stop), most starches, but still need to up the ante.  As a collateral effect, my husband lost 15 pounds by joining in the fun.  Because I'm now eating mostly vegetables, fat (OMG, forgot how awesome fat is), and protein, I can eat more like 1800 calories daily. Or more. I haven't lost weight because I don't need to.  

I ran across BP, I believe, on Mark Sisson's website, and have been really intrigued.  I just placed an order for upgraded MCT oil and collagen.  I am most excited about the collagen, go figure.  I have a very small amount of loose skin just below my belly button, related to a 45 lb weight loss 7 years ago.  It's not noticeable unless I bend over, but I dislike it and want younger skin.  This is the first time I've actually seen a solid recommendation on how to improve one's skin firmness.  I'm willing to post about my results with collagen, and am intrigued to see if collagen does the trick for me (and It's supposed to help with sleep, with which I struggle).  I should be more excited about the MCT oil, but it's the collagen that has grabbed my attention.

Now I'm trying to figure out other pieces of the puzzle, such as where am I going to get affordable grass-fed/pastured meat and can I still eat  lots of vegetables and get a decent amount of carbohydrate that way?  

That is me in my pic in a reverse warrior pose after hiking to Lake Serene in WA State.  Namaste'

Mary

• Hi,

I'm from Dominican Republic and is hard to follow the BP Diet, because of the grass feed met. At the moment i'm trying to figure this out :D.

I already figure the butter out. My only concern is the meet.

Ps: I've being using Bpc for about 3 month now and i think is the best thing that have happened to me.

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭
    edited September 2013

Hi all,

I'm Antony, from Minnesota, USA. I recently founded a blog where our purpose and goal is to smash through the thought-barriers of bad science and bad ideas in general.

For the last few weeks I have been following Dave and his Bulletproof ideas and I'm thoroughly impressed with what I've learned in such a short time. I've been drinking the Bulletproof Coffee now for a couple weeks and I'm living the difference. Having suffered from massive headaches a few times per week, I can't describe my relief! Thank you!

Bulletproof Kudos to you Dave!

All the best,

Antony Reed

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• ak7ak7
    edited October 2013

Hi all,

I'm a blogger and businessman in SF. Trying to live paleo to the maximum realistic extent possible - Bulletproof diet seems to be another variant of it, like primal or keto. Decided to check out BulletprofExec on the recommendation of Hank Pellissier, who I recently met at a talk.

Have yet to try the coffee. Question - Is it possible to substitute the MCT oil with coconut oil, and just add that and the grassfed butter to my usual morning cup of Ether at Philz? Would it be bulletproof, or a pale imitation of the real thing?

"Hi all,

I'm a blogger and businessman in SF. Trying to live paleo to the maximum realistic extent possible - Bulletproof diet seems to be another variant of it, like primal or keto. Decided to check out BulletprofExec on the recommendation of Hank Pellissier, who I recently met at a talk.

Have yet to try the coffee. Question - Is it possible to substitute the MCT oil with coconut oil, and just add that and the grassfed butter to my usual morning cup of Ether at Philz? Would it be bulletproof, or a pale imitation of the real thing?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just recently switched to MCT from coconut oil myself. If you have to substitute, go with extra-virgin organic cold-pressed coconut oil. And make sure you keep it refrigerated..

As for the coffee, that is the key ingredient. Ask for the cleanest beans they have, preferably from a single, high-altitude location and water processed rather than fermented, etc.

Antony Reed

• I just recently switched to MCT from coconut oil myself. If you have to substitute, go with extra-virgin organic cold-pressed coconut oil. And make sure you keep it refrigerated..

I've never heard the recommendation to refrigerate MCT oil.  What is the reasoning behind it?  It sits on shelves and in boxes in transit.  I've never refrigerated coconut oil either - what would be the point?

I've never heard the recommendation to refrigerate MCT oil.  What is the reasoning behind it?  It sits on shelves and in boxes in transit.  I've never refrigerated coconut oil either - what would be the point?

I wasn't referring to MCT oil, which doesn't tend to spoil, as far as I can tell, but I remember Dave had said that coconut oil CAN spoil and when it does, grows some very nasty bad-stuff. I don't recall the video or podcast, but it stuck out.

...I'm very watchful of canaries.

If I'm incorrect, could someone please reply?

Antony Reed

• I've never found the need to refrigerate coconut oil either.  Did it once by accident and it was too hard to scoop any out.  Maybe if you buy coconut oil in bulk it might make sense to refrigerate the portion you aren't using for a while?

edited October 2013

I've never found the need to refrigerate coconut oil either.  Did it once by accident and it was too hard to scoop any out.  Maybe if you buy coconut oil in bulk it might make sense to refrigerate the portion you aren't using for a while?

That sounds reasonable to me. I suppose, if you go through it quickly anyhow, it shouldn't matter. I could see the more impure versions having the greater chance of spoiling.

Antony Reed

• Need some serious help.  I've been BP for 2 months and adjusted just fine with only a few bumps along the way.  Not the same for my husband.  He is 6'5" and weighs 170 lbs after only one month of BP.  He is not digesting his fats and has floating stools daily.  Using Betaine HCL and lipase to digest fats but not helping yet.  Started him on BP glutathione (UGF) this week and he's not as nauseated.  Have a good source for Grass Fed Organic Butter.  Following BP protocol for food and prep.  No IF for him.  Wondering about doing Liver GB flush this weekend.  Both of us have dealt with leg cramps at night but have managed them with a good Mag/Pot supplement.   Any ideas?

• I have a question about two things....

One is wheat grass juice bullet proof?

Two is how about organic pumpkin seed butter? Are any seeds recommended?

Oh one more....organic prune extract...apparently a better antioxidant than blueberries and the extract has less carbs, 2tbs have 8 carbs. High in potassium, better than bananas...do I ditch that too?

Thank you :)
  • Hello, BP Forum!

I've been a frequent visitor to these forums for the past months, mostly in preparation of starting my own diet plan. I first heard about Dave Asprey from the Gnostic Media podcast from March(I think) and since then I've been following his podcast and buying Bulletproof products. I've gained a great amount of knowledge from him and those like him, because of those things I can now take better care of myself, which is one of the greatest things another human can do for another(especially someone I may never get to meet in person).

For the past two and a half months I've started my diet and am refining it more and more everyday. I started with a 2 week almost no carb start. I buy my meat from a local farm that sells grassfed beef, free range chicken(eggs), cheese, and other random stuff like sausage, honey, raw milk, etc; all of which is from local organic farms. My most purchased product is the fatty ground beef they have. My meals are simple, usually it's just lightly browning the beef and eating a bowl of it for a meal, I also have the Bulletproof Protein kit, collagen protein and MCT Oil. I only drink water and tea, supplements include, vitamin C, glutathione(an off brand but I have the Glutathione Force ordered, I just wanted to finish off the bottle I bought (as not to waste it)), ALA(but stopped and am waiting to get my mercury fillings out), omega 3 fatty acid, and a GNC vita pack every once in a while; my supplementation is an area I'm working on improving. I also do fasting for a few days every once in a while, where I give myself one hour to eat every 24 hours and drink only water and tea during the fasting time. I also donate blood every time I'm able to.

I started my workout routine only jogging ~3 miles every other day and doing push ups, crunches, and squats every hour during work on the days I wasn't running. That was my routine for about 2 months. Now I've started weight training, doing the typical things any one would do, I workout a muscle group each visit, do 10 minutes of light bicycling before and 20 minutes of stairmaster after. I have a Bulletproof protein shake afterwards. I have a large frame and gain mass very easily, I'm 5'7", starting weight of the diet was ~205 after the two and a half months I'm now ~183.

I have two very important reasons to why I decided to start a very restricting diet... one is simply for losing weight and getting into an attractive shape, two being an auto-immune deficiency called seborrheic dermatitis. I was diagnosed with it when I was in the U.S. military and have contributed it towards a weakness for yeast or gluten(but not 100% sure). However since I've started the diet I've had flare ups and it is still an issue but like I mentioned the diet has only been going on for the past two and a half months and am hoping that it will go away someday.

From the knowledge I've gained thanks to Dave and all the paths he's lead me down(like these forums) I decided to make an account and perhaps help some people with the things I've learned.

Thanks to all of you! and Thank you very much, Dave!!!

• Can the original poster on this thread add that you should search the bpe blog and forum first before posting? I think it'll help with the increasing number of forum members.
  • Aloha Everyone!! I've been doing bp coffee for sometime now, while eating a modified bp diet.  I'm amongst other things an acupuncturist, and chinese herbal medicine professional, along with a cyclist, and surfer.  I have been into biohacking, and the "wellness" lifestyle since my early teens.  

• Hey, Can someone elaborate on why fruit is such a small part of this diet, or encouraged to be avoided? I am from Florida, and fruit down here is as common as the alligators I have to avoid when waterskiing.

• edited January 2014

Lots of ppl are trying to either lose weight or regain insulin sensitivity and fructose will definitely be harmful for that.

I personally think that a small amount of in season fruit (maybe < 20g of fructose) daily is great assuming you aren't trying to lose weight - though I'd stick to fibrous fruits like berries to avoid glycation and I wouldn't mix with protein for the same reason.  The lengths to which fruit becomes appropriate should give a clue as to why they aren't emphasized.

Hey, Can someone elaborate on why fruit is such a small part of this diet, or encouraged to be avoided? I am from Florida, and fruit down here is as common as the alligators I have to avoid when waterskiing.

• I agree with you! Thanks for the information.

• Hi everyone

I just joined and looking to lose the last five lbs. also been celiac for 12 years... Low carb life:). Workout about 5-6 days a week. Been trying IF with coffee for two weeks... Works for me. Still struggling with overeating portions though... Excited to hear new perspectives.
  • Hey there EVERYONE!!!!! Im a new bulletproof guy! I have been on the diet for almost a month. I have alot more energy but I still struggle. I struggle with getting out of be I go to bed at 11 or 12 and wake up at 7 am. So almost 7 or 8 hours of sleep yet It feels like im dead getting up. Until I have my bulletproof coffe i cant sit or ill fall asleep. ANy tips advise ANYBODY!!!!! I have had this problem off and on for 3 years and i have gone to DOCTERS but well they do know anything hahaha they say ummmm idk drink more water and thanks for coming.

Would appriciate any tips.

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn&#39;t stupid mod
    Go to bed earlier.
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,