Please help this recovering addict...

So I've been following thee BP diet...BPC every morning...I'm taking BP Iodine...Next week I will have one year clean and sober. I haven't been able to lose any weight and it's super frustrating. Which is probably what got me in my head with negative thinking. It's like why bother. I'm going to AA meetings, I have a sponsor.
What can I do to hack my brain to get me out of the danger zone. I feel like I've come so far. I feel weak and not sure what else to do to support my brain.
It feels like I am swimming against the rough current.
Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• I am also going through recovery. Nice job on 1 yr, keep it up. I am coming up on 6 months. I find that a lot, sometimes seemingly excessive true mindfulness meditation does wonders on my emotional state. Also ketosis helps me feel better in general which helps me manage life. Look up youtube vids with jon kabat zinn for meditation guidance.

• Well done both of you! I've been clean for 18 years so I know how tough it is and I encourage you to remember how amazing a life you can create. You deserve greatness. Believing in yourself, even when you don't know how is an important step in re-creating your connection to your self. Fake it until you make it is how I started and then one day it was no longer a fake :-) Believe me, life is amazing on the other side :-)

I'm not a doctor but I'm wondering if perhaps being cautious of your Carb/Sugar intake as you adjust - AA is a sugar and your body including your liver might be a bit more sensitive and need a bit more time to adjust and heal. I totally agree with @closee that meditation gives you access to a different part of your brain to help you heal from the inside out.

Don't give up - life and change is build 1 by 1 :-)

• I have found that unless I have enough serotonin and dopamine and gaba in my brain, that I am more likely to relapse. Tyrosine (1000mg.'s) increases dopamine but if I take just that I get depressed and anxious because I also have low serotonin and so I add 5-htp (which increases serotonin) and taurine which increases gaba and is very calming. A good book on the neurochemistry of addiction is Brain In Balance found on Amazon.