Haven't started it yet but I'm intrigued!

I bought Dave's book and the ingredients for the morning coffee but when I go through these forums there are so many people that seem to have issues. Are there a lot of you out there that lost weight and feel great? How many pounds? How long? Its a lifetime commitment so I'm taking this seriously. Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Hmm...I guess no one is feeling great on this or all that friendly? Is there a place for newbies?

• I haven't lost weight at all (...which is an achievement in itself I guess,since everyone on the net seems to lose weight on keto/lowcarb).
    It's probably bc I have a plethora of health issues,which I can't figure out.

• cowsnakecowsnake
    edited April 2017

I can't really say on the coffee, I've never been a coffee drinker and getting into bulletproof hasn't quite converted me, I just tried it for a little bit and fell off the wagon. I don't do well on coffee anyway--its not a solution for everyone. The diet in general is a solid way to go though imo. The thing about it is that its really easy to adhere to and you won't want.to go back to eating unhealthy so a lifetime commitment isn't a problem.

• cowsnakecowsnake
    edited April 2017

As for how I did on it, well I felt great when I started and it showed in how I looked physically too, however I've had some significant life events like changing a job which rehauled my sleep schedule entirely, also I donated my eggs twice within a six month period, which did some havoc on my body.... pretty sure eating bulletproof made things way better than it might have been though. The issues I've had are unrelated to the diet, I just happened to have some stuff that occurred soon after going bulletproof.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

I gained fat, and my adrenals and thyroids decreased their hormonal output greatly, further slowing my metabolism, among other things.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

But I also had other hormonal issues (PCOS or CAH like symptoms without having enough for a diagnosis) to begin with, and had been living a very athletic lifestyle. Those who are okay hormonally and have been living unhealthily before, will probably react better.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I have followed the protocol strictly and lost almost 30 lbs in about 28 days - I did experience some hunger but ate lots of fat - I had the butcher give me the fat from trimmed top sirloin (everyone looks for lean) and put strips on my grill to sear and then chew and suck on it - and had brain octane every day. I added the brain octane to my Starbucks coffee with about 3 pats of butter they gave me. I always felt alert and focused with no issues .
    I have now started again and my goal is 60 lbs over two months (my eat days will be 73/27 high fat hamburger) and lots of distilled water. I put a pinch of himmalayan salt in it and take a magnesium and potassium supplement). I love distilled water.
    If anyone else out there is doing the intense fat loss protocol stay in touch

• Further to my last comment, I do IF (intermittent fasting every day) through to about 6 pm.
    Once at goal weight I will do as my doctor friend does...EOD (everyotherdayfasting) because it is too easy for fat creep to happen.