PEMF vs LLLT

I suppose this could have been posted in several categories...

I had a traumatic brain injury when I was 15 (bout to turn 29), and it completely changed everything about me. I'm functional, very much so, but there is a lot that's "off," different, changed... And I've just kinda had enough. I want to be back to feeling well.

Not surprisingly, the doctors have been of no help and so I've been on a bio-hacking journey for awhile.

I'm looking into getting either a PEMF or LLLT device, either the ICES or the VieLight Alpha, and I'm curious if any of you have experiences with these devices and which might be most helpful for what I'm tying to accomplish. I've done a lot of research this far on both devices, but I'm having a hard time finding good info that compares the two therapies.

Here are my symptoms:

Chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety (social), irritability, poor sleep, learning disabilities, lack of motivation, and general existential frustration.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭

I think both would be helpful in slightly different ways. The PEMF is supposed to help activate stem cells and "wake up" your cells and help it turn everything back on. The LLLT is supposed to work by stimulating mitochondria, potentially donating energy to the cells so that they can get active and do the right things.

Which one will help you more may come down to the individual. Some people may be more deficient in what PEMF helps stimulate, or vice versa with some people needing what LLLT stimulates.

You'll probably want to consider how each one should be used and the impact on your normal routines, and obviously be aware of the cost difference.

For the ICES - you will likely want to put it on your head for long stretches of time - maybe 2 to 8+ hours at a stretch (start lower, make sure it doesn't make you dizzy, etc., then go longer and longer). If you work in an office or at any type of normal job, that is obviously hard to do during work hours. You can obviously wear it in the evenings, or wear it while sleeping, but it makes a constant clicking sound and may keep you from sleeping soundly.

I'm not sure how long you use the VieLight Alpha, but I believe it would be around 30 minutes. So logistically, that may be much easier to do within a normal work/life schedule.

That said, if I was looking at both I'd probably start with the ICES since it is a lower initial cost.

If you're cautious and budget is not an issue, get both. Their benefits should be complimentary.

If you're not so cautious, there are much less expensive alternatives to the VieLight. I would personally prefer the VieLight since it is a medical product, so it has to meet high quality standards, but everyone has their own thresholds for what they're comfortable with.

The ICES is the best bang for the buck in the PEMF space, as far as I am aware.

• Thank you for such a thorough response; this def helps me puzzle out my goals a little more.

I'm thinking, first and foremost, I need to "set everything back" to the way it was--to some degree. So the ICES is probably the best place to start. Initially, I was thinking maybe getting the ICES and one of the lower end VieLight devices might be a good start, but after reading so much about the Neuro Alpha, it seems it might be better to just save up for that, instead of dropping down to one of the lower models (just given the seeming severity of what I have going on).

Again, thank you for your response!

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭

I'm really happy with my ICES and I am also happy with my VieLight 810. I have never used an Alpha, it was too large a leap in cost for me to justify (so far!).

You might also check and see if any clinicians in your area have a VieLight as part of their clinic... try it out before buying. It would obviously cost a bit to do a treatment with an office, but you might also find some progressive clinicians who could help you where other doctors have come up short.

Good luck!

• Yeah, that's the problem I'm having: even with the fantastic six-month money back guarantee, I just feel nauseas paying $1700 for the Alpha right now.

You've been having good luck with the 810?? That's good to hear! I haven't come across too many reviews, one way or the other, for the 810, so I've been having hesitations.

Sounds like I ought to start with the ICES, but it may not be a bad idea to snag the 810, too (pretty reasonably priced).

Anyway, thank you for such thought-out responses; I'm feeling much more clarity on my path!!