Feeling tired and weird

I've been eating low carb, moderate protein and high healthy fats for about 6 weeks. I've lost 10 pounds and have nearly completely reversed my irritable bowel problem. I am (or thought I was) gluten and dairy intolerant. I am hypothyroid and take Nature-thyroid. I have my blood work done every year and the very good doctors I have found have been encouraging. We look over my lab work together and they all say it looks good. However, a few years ago I had a glucose of 200. I freaked out but the doctor asked if I had had coffee before the blood work and I had. We retook it without coffee and it was 100. It stays around 100 on tests after that. I think i have been pre diabetic for years.

I have had some very strong reactions to this diet. Before throwing out sugar and focusing on healthy carbs, I was eating what I thought was a healthy diet. We ate mostly at home and I cooked meats and veggies but also I was baking with gluten free crap and still eating sugar and drinking wine every night. This last week has been really hard physically. I've felt a bit out of it. I haven't been very hungry (got the Bulletproof coffee and I sometimes add MCT oil and ghee/have ordered the Brain Octane Oil). I am taking some of the recommended supplements. Here are some of the weird symptoms of this week that I would love feedback on:

-- felt a twitch in a neck vein for a few hours. Added sea salt and magnesium and that went away after 2 days (called my doc as it was so weird and she said not to worry about it. We had a beloved dog pass suddenly away a week ago and she felt it was also stress related)

-- last night I felt anxiety and felt like I had a head cold. I decided to eat one corn tortilla (handmade from a local source) and I instantly felt better. I went from feeling like a zombie to playing chase with one of my dogs.

-- I also decided before eating the tortilla that since I felt like crap I would have a bit of Irish Whisky (I have otherwise quit alcohol as well). I wanted to see what made me feel better even though I know alcohol isn't usually the go to thing. I felt fine when I went to sleep but I woke up at 5 with a rapid heart beat and feeling quite loopy again. I've read so much about diabetes and pre-diabetes that it felt like a blood sugar crash. I ate half of a Primal coconut cashew bar and took some magnesium and went back to sleep. Woke up 2 hours later and still felt awful. My wise husband made me 2 breakfast tacos with those homemade corn tortillas, bacon and eggs and I perked up immediately.

I am guessing I need to eat more in general even though I don't feel hungry and I need more carbs but I could really use some feedback. I already eat a lot of vegetables every day so what kind of other carbs should I add? The corn tortillas immediately revive me so for now I am eating 1 or 2 a day. They have 8 grams of carbs and no sugar.

I felt so weird yesterday and this morning that I considered going to the ER to get some tests done.

I know I have an incredibly sensitive system. I am allergic to penicillin, can't handle morphine (had 1/2 of my thyroid removed and an appendectomy and learned that morphine makes me creeped out), and I thought all these years (I am 52) that gluten and dairy messed with my system. I had quit drinking coffee as my digestion couldn't handle it but now I have the bullet proof coffee and no digestion upset. Maybe moldy coffee made me sick in the mornings more than gluten and dairy every did? For years I felt sick in the morning with stomach cramps and diarrhea but not at other times during the day. I started this way of eating to clear that up and it has..... but it also is bringing up these other things.

Comments

• I am going to delete this as I sadly got no responses. :(