Somniphobi & Hypersomnia

I used to have a very mild bit of somniphobi from time to time; not because of insomnia, but because when I was young my father used to tell me that "death was like going to sleep and never waking up".

What a thing to say to an impressionable kid!

Any-who these days I find that (if anything) I enjoy sleep too much and that if I have the time, I'll keep sleeping longer than perhaps need-be (hypersomnia).

How 'bout you?

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I always needed more sleep than the typical person. But maybe this is because during weeknights I cannot get 8 hours, so I always feel sleepy and have to sleep 11-12 hours on the weekends to make up for it. Maybe if I could afford to sleep as much as I want every day, I would stick to the regular "normal" 8 hours. But I have to adjust my schedule to work requirements and therefore spend most of my time feeling sleep deprived and sub-optimal.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• @Reka said:
    I always needed more sleep than the typical person. But maybe this is because during weeknights I cannot get 8 hours, so I always feel sleepy and have to sleep 11-12 hours on the weekends to make up for it. Maybe if I could afford to sleep as much as I want every day, I would stick to the regular "normal" 8 hours. But I have to adjust my schedule to work requirements and therefore spend most of my time feeling sleep deprived and sub-optimal.

yep. I'm exactly familiar with you.I also spend more time sleep and I would sleep when I think the time isn't enough.