L-glutamine and BCAAs - how not to gag?

Hello! First I'd like to introduce myself. I'm brand new to this whole arena, and absolutely amazed and excited at what I'm finding.

Originally I was looking for diet and supplement solutions for someone with a learning disability, in order to help her optimize her mind to aid in studying. I ended up stumbling on the biohacker subculture, and life was just never the same. As an artist, writer, and business owner, I have been obsessed with improving my energy, performance, and finding ways to force that beautiful creative mental state that seems so elusive, as long as I can remember. I'm guilty of having done some pretty weird things in the name of chasing the muse.

Anyway, I just started the rapid fat loss protocol, and I DREAD those times when I need the l-glutamine or BCAAs. I tried missing them with my bulletproof coffee (BCAAs do not blend well...) and no matter what it's just so disgusting I almost get sick every time. Right now I'm just mixing with a small amount of water (less water, less to drink, right?) I'm considering just trying to eat the powder straight so I don't have to drink it. Any tips/tricks to make this less odious? If anyone would want to add me on myfitnesspal, I'd be happy to do that too.

Comments

• Have you tried taking them in capsules? Yes, more capsules...but less gagging.

• You can try a BCAA supplement that includes Glutamine. I produce an all natural BCAA sweetened with Stevia (Physique Formula) that was recently featured in this BP article (https://blog.bulletproof.com/6-workout-supplements-that-actually-work/) and our all natural taste is really good. That way you don't have to worry about the metallic taste of BCAAS.

@feralhoneybadger said:
    Hello! First I'd like to introduce myself. I'm brand new to this whole arena, and absolutely amazed and excited at what I'm finding.

Originally I was looking for diet and supplement solutions for someone with a learning disability, in order to help her optimize her mind to aid in studying. I ended up stumbling on the biohacker subculture, and life was just never the same. As an artist, writer, and business owner, I have been obsessed with improving my energy, performance, and finding ways to force that beautiful creative mental state that seems so elusive, as long as I can remember. I'm guilty of having done some pretty weird things in the name of chasing the muse.

Anyway, I just started the rapid fat loss protocol, and I DREAD those times when I need the l-glutamine or BCAAs. I tried missing them with my bulletproof coffee (BCAAs do not blend well...) and no matter what it's just so disgusting I almost get sick every time. Right now I'm just mixing with a small amount of water (less water, less to drink, right?) I'm considering just trying to eat the powder straight so I don't have to drink it. Any tips/tricks to make this less odious? If anyone would want to add me on myfitnesspal, I'd be happy to do that too.

• every bcaa i have every taken were overly sweet and therefore quite tastey so i can't imagine yours being nasty, and glutamine is typically flavorless

• this may sound weird, but if i add a scoop of L citrulline, the tangy flavor cancels it out. it kind if tastes like vitamin C powder. i like it, but maybe that's just because i love strong flavors. not sure if this would break away from the protocol though.

it also has performance and detox benefits.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21908948