Whole30 and Bulletproof Coffee Stomach Issues

Hello All! After gaining about 20 lbs since winter, I've recently started doing Whole30 (on Day 5 now), and I have been incorporating BPC as a part of my morning routine for the past 7 days. Things were going great until this morning...when the disaster struck. Luckily I was working from home this morning; but, I have been running in and out of the bathroom for the past two hours. My recipe (which has been consistent) using single origin 100% organic Arabic beans is: 2 tsp of unrefined coconut oil; 1 tbsp of Kerrygold butter; and, one scoop of Vital Proteins collagen peptides.

I am wondering why all of a sudden this has started to upset my stomach? And, if this is something I just need to work through and my stomach will soon adapt? Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Most will say its the coconut oil causing disaster pants (too much fat to digest so the body just excretes it). I'd guess its something you ate the day/night before and could be the body clearing the digestive tract. Did it feel like it was directly caused by the coffee? Feel any digestion of it?

I've drank BP coffee for 5 years but have been on and off recently because it causes too much damage to my stomach and I'm highly sensitive but I don't hear anyone in BP circles talking about reasons NOT to drink coffee. Even went cold brew hoping the 'lower acid' would help but alas, also doesn't it affect anyones teeth? I feel like I loose 1% of my teeth every time I specifically drink BP coffee, like it can't be stopped.

• @Greentrees said:
    Most will say its the coconut oil causing disaster pants (too much fat to digest so the body just excretes it). I'd guess its something you ate the day/night before and could be the body clearing the digestive tract. Did it feel like it was directly caused by the coffee? Feel any digestion of it?

I've drank BP coffee for 5 years but have been on and off recently because it causes too much damage to my stomach and I'm highly sensitive but I don't hear anyone in BP circles talking about reasons NOT to drink coffee. Even went cold brew hoping the 'lower acid' would help but alas, also doesn't it affect anyones teeth? I feel like I loose 1% of my teeth every time I specifically drink BP coffee, like it can't be stopped.

Thanks for the feedback! It definitely could be my eating. Whole30 warns that this reaction might happen due to dietary shifting away from sugars and grains, and that my gut is just trying to heal itself. I've had IBS issues ever since college so it could just be the coffee as well; I'm gonna give the cold brew a shot, and see if that helps.