Is cheese bulletproof?

Is cheese bulletproof? I know its Keto, But is it bulletproof? A bit concerned about the inflamation effects of it?

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

The short answer: No.

The longer answer: No, but there appear to be health benefits to eating high quality cheese, and if you don't have any issues with dairy it may be worth looking into. I eat grass-fed cheese on the regular and I know some other members also partake. It's a nutrient-rich food and there have been some recent studies discussing its potential health benefits (may be protective against cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome). Dave's problems with cheese, IIRC, seem to stem from the possibility of mold. If you want to be a Bulletproof stickler and avoid mycotoxins and all of that, then by all means skip the cheese. But if you're interested in exploring other foods and don't have any problems digesting dairy, I think that grass-fed cheese might make a nice addition to your diet.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Even organic milk contains hormones, pus, casein and more.
    Many of us are cheese and gluten addicts because they may create heroine like effects, this is due to problems with digesting them.
    IMO, there is no excuse to eat cheese except for the latter.

The benefits Skeletor talks about are also obtainable through better alternatives.

@Corstiaan said:
    Even organic milk contains hormones, pus, casein and more.
    Many of us are cheese and gluten addicts because they may create heroine like effects, this is due to problems with digesting them.
    IMO, there is no excuse to eat cheese except for the latter.

The benefits Skeletor talks about are also obtainable through better alternatives.

I agree with you that the benefits can be obtained elsewhere, but I think it's a stretch to compare cheese to heroin.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

edited July 2017

@Jason Miller said:

Nobody's sucked a dick for cheese or bread

Not so fast, Jason.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/04/sex-for-cheeseburgers-christine-baker-florida_n_1402572.html

lol

• CorstiaanCorstiaan
    edited July 2017

@Skeletor said:
    I agree with you that the benefits can be obtained elsewhere, but I think it's a stretch to compare cheese to heroin.

A huge stretch, but it does help with explaining to people why these kinds of foods tend to make us feel so much better than other foods including even candy; IMO.

@Skeletor said:

@Jason Miller said:

Nobody's sucked a dick for cheese or bread

Not so fast, Jason.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/04/sex-for-cheeseburgers-christine-baker-florida_n_1402572.html

lol

'' It’s yet unclear whether she was allowed to eat the delicious doubles before she was taken to jail''

The actual F* XD

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

Doesn't look Bulletproof (sorry)

fake it till you make it

• CorstiaanCorstiaan
    edited July 2017

@Jason Miller said:
    You heard it here first, fat is like heroin.

Don't take too much credit, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2707143.stm. lel

@Jason Miller said:
    low fat cheese is the antithesis of addicting

My sister and many others wouldn't agree. Obviously, American fat-free cheese is horrific to the extent that the thought of - and disgust while eating it, outweighs any opioid effect it may or may not provide.

@Jason Miller said:
    and aside from starving people you'll never see someone eating plain bread, it always has something on it.

I'd personally beg to differ; I've been addicted to plain bread with minimal to no topping. See, eight years ago the fitness world convinced me that the human body is a rust free device which only requires protein and kcal in/out. Not realising the consequences, I hit the gym for two hours a day, at least four times a week, for years.
    I also practised MMA, National level Tennis, and much more.

Although the latter is too much output, I highly doubt that eating twenty-three slices of whole grain bread on top of a regular western/fitness ( fat-deprived) diet - makes your entire body shake every 20 minutes of grain abstinence, for the mere reason of requiring more KCAL.
    Personally, I've never blamed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten_exorphin, but rather hypoglycemia, perhaps it was a combination of both.
    Anyhow, I was addicted, and whatever the pathways, dietary addictions are real and can cause withdrawal symptoms similar to some of the worst drugs out there.

• I'm not trying to scare away anyone from eating cheese, as I said, comparing casein to heroin is a huge stretch.
      I trust that people on this forum are capable of doing their own secondary research, which is essentially the only way for any advice out here to be considered bulletproof. All I do is give OP things to take in consideration during further research.
      @Jason Miller, I found it hard to detect sarcasm and the purpose of your comments. My apologies if I happen to have straw manned the fuck out of this.