Help Me "super-Hack" My Jiu-Jitsu Practice

Hey all, have some ideas and would like some input from everyone on if they're wise, and what you've tried yourself. By the way, anyone who responded to my previous question, I thank you again. Okay, so I'm going to be (re)starting jiu-jitsu/combat sports. I wrestled for 6yrs (one year wrestled all year round for 2 teams) and took a few BJJ classes at the gym/dojo/whatever you would like to title it, that I will be going to again; these were free classes I took for a few weeks but unfortunately didn't have the funds to actually enlist in the classes for a year.

I'm currently trying to do everything possible to give me an edge for when I first start. I know technique/fundamentals are top priority, but I feel I will learn quickly and be able to "tap into" my previous knowledge of wrestling/grappling to at least aid in my learning curve. I've been lifting consistently for the past 6-8months, and the past 2 months have been doing BBS style resistance training 3x a week (seem to be recovering quick enough even though I'am truly going to complete failure with no more than 20-30secs between each exercise.. at most). I want to literally be able to "super-charge" my abilities, so to speak, from the get go when I start, as my goal is to compete, possibly eventually get to an elite level (ambitious I know...lol).

My ideas as of now: (1) completely engage myself in everything known as "Foundation Training" as I have back/neck pain, postural problems (those are slightly minor), and eliminating this, all while increasing power/flexibility leads me to believe I would greatly increase performance (2) supplement with collagen - further increase flexibility as well as recovery time/pain/soreness, and increase energy (3) Supplement with either Creatine or Whey Protein Concentrate - would probably only supplement with one rather than both due to finances, but not sure which one I should take (4) completely optimize my BBS resistance training; going to read the Q&A Book as well as read through Drew Baye's site (5) Get Eddie Bravo books (reknown BJJ pracitioner), read...practice....apply Tim Ferriss 4-Hour Chef quick learning techniques. (6) continue and further my Cold Thermogenesis - continue taking daily 7-10 min ice showers, ice water, minimal clothing outside during winter, but add in weekly ice baths and occasional face dunks prior to ice cold showers.

I would appreciate if anyone could critique my thoughts on increasing performance/shortening the learning curve, give personal experience/experimentation/ or evidence for supplements/training. Thanks.

By the way... Have been recently doing a Carb Back-Loading approach to gain muscle. I've been doing more or less of a Density Bulk with pound after pound of sweet potatoes. After reading everything (literally everything) at the Eating Acadamy by Peter Attia, and reading various things on Jack Kruse's blog, I'm starting to become intrigued with using strict ketogenic dieting after building muscle (with occasional carb-ups on holidays/birthdays/events/etc) in an effort to actually INCREASE performance through increased metabolic flexibility and endurance, both muscular and cardiovascular. Any ideas on that? Thanks again in advance to any and all who respond.

http://equilibriohm.wordpress.com/

http://biohacksblog.com/

Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability. - Marcus Aurelius 

Comments

• - For strength training – read “Convict conditioning”

- For BJJ/Grappling – Eddie Bravo and Marcello Garcia book/videos

- For wrestling - Sergei Beloglazov

- Maximum learning – Try NLP (Neuro-Lingvistisk Programmering). I guess there are more advanced high-tech electro-kind-of-bio-hacks you can do but I don’t have any experience of them.

- Skip the creatine for now, excellent supplement but won’t make you better in BJJ

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1

• Well thank you for your response, I was disappointed I didn't receive any help, but I didn't really care I didn't want to become an anoyance haha.

I have not looked into Sergei Beloglazov, and I have heard of NLP but have not looked into it.

Is there any specific reason to hold off on the creatine? I need to gain weight, and I know it would enhance strength/power/recovery (i know initial weight gain would be from water). Any other supplements that could enhance my performance from the standpoint of BJJ, whether it simply enhances my recovery, or exerts and energetic effect?

Thanks for your input , though, I appreciate it.

http://equilibriohm.wordpress.com/

http://biohacksblog.com/

Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability. - Marcus Aurelius 

•  

Hi,

Creatine is a well documented supplement and it really works. But you wrote that you were

considering creatine or whey proten but probably not both due to finance. Then

I though it might be better for you to save these money. Most important for

learning fast is to avoid injuries and not get sick. Creatine dosen’t help with

this so you might want to spend your money general health instead.

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1