vanilla max?

I just went to order some Vanilla Max and I can't find it anywhere on the site. Is it not available?

Comments

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭✭

I contacted support to ask about this - here's there response:

"Thanks for writing in. Bulletproof will no longer sell packaged VanillaMax due to the limited supply of high-quality Madagascar vanilla beans that fit the strict Bulletproof Process. At this time, Bulletproof does not have plans to re-launch packaged VanillaMax, but will continue to use VanillaMax as an ingredient in Bulletproof Collagen Bars, Bites, and as an add-in at Bulletproof Coffee shops. Let us know if you have any further questions, thanks!"

This makes me sad.

Anyone have other brands of vanilla that they like?

• I just bought Sunny Day vanilla bean powder from Amazon. I never had Vanilla Max so I can't compare the two, but the Sunny Day is certainly delicious. A very smooth subtle taste.

• Kathy, how is the > @kathykmt said:

I just bought Sunny Day vanilla bean powder from Amazon. I never had Vanilla Max so I can't compare the two, but the Sunny Day is certainly delicious. A very smooth subtle taste.

How is this brand treating you? Do you react to mycotoxins in regular coffee?

I've been using regular store-bought vanilla extract, I just don't like the alcohol in my non-cooked recipes...

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭✭

I know you were asking Kathy, but I might as well answer too.

I just got Kiva vanilla bean powder from Amazon - tastes pretty good so far. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019G5H02A/

I will react to mycotoxins in coffee or foods if they're present. No negative reaction to this particular vanilla.

• I don't know if I react to mycotoxins, but I don't think so. I've been using the Sunny Day vanilla once or twice a day since I got it and I don't see any untoward effects so far (what effects might they be?). :)

• About to enjoy my last cup of BPC with Vanilla Max. This is sad... :(

Bulletproof Coffee Enabled Trance Deejay - https://soundcloud.com/euphoric-break

• I recently bought Sunny Day vanilla from Amazon. I made a batch of keto chocolate chip cookies with it, which I previously would use Vanillamax for (super-tasty). The vanilla flavor in Sunny Day is FAR weaker than Vanillamax. I'll probably double the quantity of vanilla powder in my next batch.

I also notice a numbing taste in the Sunny Day product that I didn't notice in Vanillamax. My suspicion is that Vanillamax was only the inner portion of the vanilla bean, whereas the Sunny Day product is powder of the whole vanilla bean. That would mean a lot more non-flavored plant fiber in the Sunny Day product.

If anyone finds a product that resembles Vanillamax, please post it!

• I'm sure looking forward to a time when VanillaMax comes back! I'd love to be able to try it.

• I just found a pack of Vanilla Max in my cabinet. It has been opened. Does anyone know if this needs to be used within a certain time frame? Or is it still good?

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭✭

As long as it tastes ok, it should be fine. I'm guessing it could go stale after a while, but as long as it was stored in normal humidity and temperature, I doubt it would go bad.