Vitamix and BPC

Howdy all-
I just got a vitamix and had a quick question. I've been doing BCP for the past 3 years or so, starting on a normal blender, then using a Nutribullet for the last year. With the nutribullet, I'd brew, drink a cup full and leave the extra in the nutri cup, then refill my mug. I noticed over time leaving the coffee and fats in the plastic cup would warp the plastic (not visible, but the mixer attachment would leak when it would blend, creating a mess). I'd buy a new expansion pack of cups every 6 months or so. Now that I have the vitamix, hopefully that doesn't happen.

My question for you all; there's always excess coffee made each morning that I'd prefer to leave in the blender to keep warm before refill. Has anyone had issues like the ones explained up top from the NutriBullet with the Vitamix? Has your vitamix blender warped at all and leaked over time?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• There are two options, utilise them mugs as much as possible so they break within the warranty period ( my strategy ); or
    Take that hot liquid out as soon as you can like Jason said.

Make sure you don't leave it sealed for too long, relieve pressure quickly.

• You can actually make soup in a Vitamix, heating up the liquid to boiling. So hot temps are not a problem there. I agree with everyone else on storing the remainder in a thermos.

• This just in: Vitamix DOES NOT suggest using their blenders for BPC!!! I've been making bulletproof coffee in my vitamix for 3-4 years and now my unit is leaking (like, bad). So I called Vitamix and mentioned my daily routine, and they said that they do not suggest making bulletproof coffee, as the rubber gasket pieces can't withstand the heat of the coffee. Fortunately I was still under warranty and get a new container unit... but now what?

• @djgarza37 said:
    This just in: Vitamix DOES NOT suggest using their blenders for BPC!!! I've been making bulletproof coffee in my vitamix for 3-4 years and now my unit is leaking (like, bad). So I called Vitamix and mentioned my daily routine, and they said that they do not suggest making bulletproof coffee, as the rubber gasket pieces can't withstand the heat of the coffee. Fortunately I was still under warranty and get a new container unit... but now what?

Replacement gaskets?