Using MCT oil with food

Hi all,

My Octane Oil just arrived and I´m ready to take it for the first time, but I want to start with just one teaspoon because of all the first-time negative stories I´ve read online when going higher (I do have a positive history with coconut oil though, never had any problem with it taking around 1 and a half tbsp per day).

However after a lot of researching I still have a doubt about the optimal way of taking it. I don´t want to have it with my protein shake because I also ordered creatine and I don´t want to test the 2 together for the first time, so I´ve looked for alternative ways of using the MCT oil.

There is taking it straight from the spoon, which I have dismissed because it seems more suited for people who are already adapted to it. Cooking with it doesn´t look good either as I have read it can only be acceptable with low temperatures and I don´t want to be worried about that, so that leaves only applying it to foods.

In many articles about this topic, including one from Dave Aspray himself, they mention making a homemade salad dressing or drizzling it on sushi. So finally my 2 questions are:

a) can I just drizzle it on the veggies I eat on every meal, such as kale, spinach, mushrooms, etc., or does it have to be part of a mixed salad dressing, and b) is there a specific reason for sushi been mentioned on the articles, or can I just drizzle it on ANY food: steak, salmon, eggs, etc.

Thanks a million

Comments

• For me, as long as I have taken it along with food, I have not had any problems. I sprinkle it over my food. It is tasteless, but actually brings out the flavor of the foods it is mixed with. Sushi happens to be amazing with it sprinkled over the rolls. And I did have to start slow and work my way up, I started with around 5-10g of it and now I do not even measure and use a lot more, but still as long as I use it with food. Guess you will have to do some playing around with it to see how it works with your body.

• @raschroeder said:
    For me, as long as I have taken it along with food, I have not had any problems. I sprinkle it over my food. It is tasteless, but actually brings out the flavor of the foods it is mixed with. Sushi happens to be amazing with it sprinkled over the rolls. And I did have to start slow and work my way up, I started with around 5-10g of it and now I do not even measure and use a lot more, but still as long as I use it with food. Guess you will have to do some playing around with it to see how it works with your body.

Thanks, I´m going to eat now and will sprinkle it on my food. For everything I have read online it seems like having it with food is even better (in terms of no side effects) than having it with smoothies or coffee.