Elbow Pain From Weight Lifting

When I get into periods of rapid gains my progress is quickly halted by elbow pains. I’m fairly certain that poor form isn’t the culprit as I have met with trainers and have been continuously refining my approach over the last 18 years. Can anybody recommend any supplements or additional exercises that might mitigate this?

Could I be approaching the limit of my genetic potential as far as weight goes? Is there such a thing?

Background: I am 33yrs old, 5’9” 190lbs and recently did a set of 6 at 265lbs on the bench. In high school I was the same height and wrestled at 112lbs (I have bird-like bone structure).

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    Take collagen, vit C and serrapeptase. I'd probably get Type 2 collagen separately as well - it's joint-specific.

Also, slow down - your recovery isn't catching up to your load. Which is bad and a recipe for a serious injury.

You might also be overdoing the same movements - meaning you are stuck in the same patterns. A good way to combat this is to take up some practice which would introduce different kinds of load on your join (incl. rotation, different angles, etc). Like rock climbing, for example.

Otherwise, I wouldn't bench in the first place. Rings is where it's at image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />
  • I love rock climbing. It's a great way to put all that muscle to actual use and gives you a great idea of how it all works together.
  • Ya know it only takes one excerscie done a little wrong to make pain , what type of workout do you do