Pre Workout Recommedations

I looking for some pre workout recommedations. I was recently taking Mesomorph and Smoking Guns. Looking to try something new. I pretty much have taken any big name pre workouts.

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

I like Allmax Razor8 personally.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • cortextcortext ✭✭
    edited July 29

NutraBio makes some decent, clean supplements. Their intrablast is pretty nice if you're not needing stimulants. For the stimulant factor, I usually just have my morning + afternoon coffee around the workout. I've heard pre-workout coffee can give you a better PWO MTOR boost. And PWO-coffee can give you better glucose partitioning.

Lately, I've been experimenting with fasted workouts, no pre-workout, no intra-workout, no post-workout, and no post workout meals. I kind of just workout in the morning, then eat breakfast in the evening. This is probably a stupid idea.

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

@cortext said:

>

Lately, I've been experimenting with fasted workouts, no pre-workout, no intra-workout, no post-workout, and no post workout meals. I kind of just workout in the morning, then eat breakfast in the evening. This is probably a stupid idea.

Correct, not advised.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • cortextcortext ✭✭
    edited July 31
  • Abe_RAbe_R
    edited August 2

Dave recommends:

D-Ribose
    PQQ/CoQ10 (I buy Jarrow instead of unfair advantage)
    BCAAs

That's what I use. Feels as good as preworkout if not better to be honest. Who knows what all that other stuff in there is.

I also re-does coffee and Phenylpiracetam before working out as both are proven to help. I used to only use Phenylpiracetam for workouts, but now I use it for work... used to just use Piracetam for that.

• @Abe_R said:
    Dave recommends:

D-Ribose
    BCAAs

That's what I use. Feels as good as preworkout if not better to be honest. Who knows what all that other stuff in there is.

I also re-does coffee and Phenylpiracetam before working out as both are proven to help. I used to only use Phenylpiracetam for workouts, but now I use it for work... used to just use Piracetam for that.

Haven't seen this podcast yet. Thanks for the video. I ended up picking up Ultimate Orange. I saw they released the product again. I was a big fan back in the day.
    http://www.samedaysupplements.com/ultimate-orange-pre-workout-by-hi-tech-pharmaceuticals.html
    Doesnt't have ephedrine anymore but ephedra. Eh good enough. ;)

• @joeygym65 said:

@Abe_R said:
    Dave recommends:

D-Ribose
    BCAAs

Haven't seen this podcast yet. Thanks for the video. I ended up picking up Ultimate Orange. I saw they released the product again. I was a big fan back in the day.
    http://www.samedaysupplements.com/ultimate-orange-pre-workout-by-hi-tech-pharmaceuticals.html
    Doesnt't have ephedrine anymore but ephedra. Eh good enough. ;)

Its not a ton, but I'd be weary of anything with magnesium oxide. It always gives me disaster pants, and most pre-workouts have it.) Never fun to stop mid-workout to poop out pre-workout mix. Basically whenever that happens I feel like I lost whatever benefit I was getting by spending all that time in the bathroom. Plus it makes me feel terrible.