STARVING on Bulletproof Diet

I am on day 5 of the Bulletproof Diet, and I am STARVING basically all the time. I thought I wasn't supposed to be hungry? Or maybe that's not until I'm in ketosis, and I'm not in ketosis yet. Any suggestions?? How long does it usually take to go into ketosis? I have nailed my macros every day. HELP!!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm eating the right amount for my weight. Yesterday I even ate ALL of my fat for the day before 1pm and I was still starving!

• Female. 5'2", 150 lbs. 69P/20C/110F

• Every calculator I've used told me to do that amount of calories for my weight and activity level though.... I'm not working out for the first 2 weeks of BP....I couldnt if I tried because im starving.

• well then how many calories do you recommend? I have been a fitness competitor as well and I completely understand eating more. Just what I've found from the BP book/website, this is what it's told me to follow

• lol it obviously does....but this is a completely different philosophy and thats exactly what it calls for. I'm just doing this experiment for 2 weeks and trying to follow its rules exactly.
    I guess you dont prescribe to the BP method at all.

• Well if anyone who is actually on the BP diet, or has done it, has advice, please advise

• Bert37Bert37
    edited August 2017

I have the same problem following the 14-day plan from the BP Diet book. I have the feeling that there must be other factors at work, such as the state of the gut flora, like Dave says, that decide success or failure. I think the 14-day plan is perfect if everything else in the body is working perfectly; if it isn't, the body just isn't ready to lose weight, and it needs more nutrients. The problem is, how do you find out what's wrong exactly? Doing an extensive blood test might help.

In the meantime, I would try eating a few oz. of white sushi rice together with the foods in the 14-day plan for dinner. Of course, that's carbs, but it seems to be the only "safe" thing, because too much coconut oil/butter has given me heart and liver pain, and too much protein also isn't recommended in the book. (and I can't eat any more vegetables :smile: )

• I've had that problem too. Only time I'm not hungry is right after a meal, then a couple hours later, I'm hungry again. How old are you? Do you add the protein to your coffee? Dave says in his book that if you're hungry you can have another bpc in morning. That works for me until afternoon. Then I added a bp latte and some more veggies to hold me over for dinner. I wait a bit after dinner too eat my fruit.

• Also aehaa,
    I'm not a dietitian but I don't think you're eating enough. I'm small 5'2" 120#. I probably eat closer to 1500 cal. If you're in ketosis you don't worry too much about calories the first two weeks. Your body is adjusting. Dave says not to count calories but to go by what your body is telling you so that your mind and body learn to trust each other. I've already lost weight and I'm at day 5. Hope that helps you!

• @rebecca1 said:
    I've had that problem too. Only time I'm not hungry is right after a meal, then a couple hours later, I'm hungry again. How old are you? Do you add the protein to your coffee? Dave says in his book that if you're hungry you can have another bpc in morning. That works for me until afternoon. Then I added a bp latte and some more veggies to hold me over for dinner. I wait a bit after dinner too eat my fruit.

You're right, I still have lots of options. The BP Vanilla latte is great, maybe I should try having double the amount per day, with collagen in the evenings. I'm 37. I could also have one real BP coffee and one decaf, without collagen. Thanks!

• cortextcortext ✭✭
    edited August 2017

You might try a jack kruse style leptin reset protocol, then mix in some high glycemic carb days + BCAAs for good measure. This should raise leptin if that's your issue.

https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-reset-your-leptin-sensitivity-and-master-your-metabolism/

https://www.jackkruse.com/easy-start-guide/

• Bert37Bert37
    edited August 2017

Thanks for the tip! That may very well be it, since my BMI is around 35 due to some medication I had to take for a long time. (my avatar photo is rather old and therefore misleading :)) I had already lost about 30 pounds, but a few months ago the weight loss ceased for some unexplained reason--probably due to low leptin sensitivity and disturbances in the closely related gut flora (had to take antibiotics recently). I'll have a good look at your suggestions and definitely try them.