Starting the RFLP - hopefully permanently releasing this time!

I started the RFLP program yesterday as my weight has ballooned to 104kgs! Or 229lbs! Freaked. Out. Time for drastic action as I have a holiday in Ibiza 3rd September. I've done SO many diets before and even did a 19 day water fast last year (I lost 13kgs or 28lbs), tried vegan after but have eventually crept back to old habits. As I LOVE coffee it seemed that Bulletproof was a good option for me. I'm doing the RFLP for at least 2 weeks and see how I go. If I'm feeling fine and in a groove, then I will keep going. Otherwise, I will do the Bulletproof IF.

I would really love the support of the Bulletproof ladies as I know that there will be tough times. If anyone wants to be accountability buddies, I'm happy to do that too! We're all on this journey to better health and it's so much nicer to be part of a team to achieve f***ing awesomeness!

PS. Day 2 has been fine so far. Only now am I feeling tired and a bit headachey. And I can feel the ketosis cramps starting in my legs so time for potassium and magnesium supplement blast! I've followed Dave's supplement recommendations and I was really surprised how sharp my brain was this morning. I also released 2kgs since yesterday and feel much less bloated. So that was a nice start to the day :smiley:

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

In the 5 years that I've been at this forum, 0 women have been successful with rflp, though many have tried. You need something that is healthy and sustainable instead of jumping from quick fix to quick fix.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • Thanks for your input Jason. But I wonder why you spend time on these forums if you don't believe in the protocols? Seems a waste of time to me.

RFLP is not a widely supported "protocol", even Dave says not to do it.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • Ah that's interesting. Where does he say that?

• @Jason Miller said:
    In the 5 years that I've been at this forum, 0 women have been successful with rflp, though many have tried. You need something that is healthy and sustainable instead of jumping from quick fix to quick fix.

She said she wants to hear from the women, Jason. Please stop posting in the Women's forum.

I'm a moderator, I read every post in this forum and will post as I see fit, thank you @crunchysue

• How's it going today, @Skinny_A83 ? Did you do two weeks of Bulletproof IF before starting the RFLP? That would definitely make it easier, but either way, I believe it can be done. I've been doing BP IF for two months now. Once or twice a week I BP Fast all the way to dinner, but I haven't tried going a whole day without solid food.

• @Jason Miller - where does Dave say not to do the RFLP? If that's the case then why is the protocol still available on his website? Could you use RFLP to get into ketosis then follow the BF IF instead of the RFLP instead of doing re-feeding day?

@crunchysue it's day 4 today. And feeling ok so far. Felt a bit yuck yesterday but vitamin C powder and L-glutamine sorted it out. I'm actually ok without food at the moment. Good a couple of hunger pangs last night and this morning but these are the first in 3 days. So just going to up my fat although too much MCT oil causes disaster pants!!! hahaha! Jumped on the scales today and I'm down 3.2kgs which is about 7lbs. How are you going on BP IF? What changes have you noticed?

• @Skinny_A83 Sounds like it's going well for you - that's awesome! I absolutely love my new BP eating style. I've shed 20 lbs of the 100 I aim to lose, and I feel great. I have way more energy than I used to. Lately I've noticed that I no longer eat until my belly is full to bursting - I now stop way short of that, with no effort. In other words, I've become sensitive to leptin, and am eating like a skinny person. I feel like I've finally found "the secret" to painless weightloss! :)

• So I got to day 5 and was absolutely hating life. Wonderful keto flu going on. However, I was CRAVING steamed kale with butter and salt. I also really struggled to drink the 2nd bulletproof coffee and wanted to go for a swim but just had no energy. My job is pretty physical and I was really struggling to make its through. So @Jason Miller you'll be pleased to know, that I decided to stop the RFLP. Not all is in vain though. I've decided that as I'm in a ketogenic state, I'm going to kick on with a ketogenic eating plan. BUT I did lose just over 5kgs (so about 11lbs) in 5 days. Really good incentive to keep going!

Best of luck everyone xoxo

I don't get enjoyment from it, only your well being is paramount. Physiologically speaking it is not possible to lose fat at that rate, anything over 1-2lbs/week is muscle tissue and water, the massive drop in water is what makes people think it is "magic". ALWAYS be leery when your weight changes by more than 2lbs/week, 1lb/week is the healthiest rate of weight loss and is most likely to be fat at those rates.

• @Jason Miller said:
    I'm a moderator, I read every post in this forum and will post as I see fit, thank you @crunchysue

hi, i followed the blood type diet for years...since i got from a test i was legumes, eggs, cows milk intolerant.....by the way, one question if i may:
    i am just scared of using brain octane and or mct oil.....do you know any, in your experience, type A, who has trouble with it?
    thank you and sorry if the question maybe is not related to this conversation

Blood type is irrelevant to diet. You'll be fine to use MCT.

• Santi, I followed the BTD for many years. I don't think you need to worry about BP's MCT oil. Not because, as Jason implies, blood type is irrelevant. But I think - and this is the research you should do to confirm - that the oil no longer contains the coconut lectin. If that's true, then it won't affect you in the way you're worried about.

• @Jason Miller said:

thanks so much! by the way what is RFLP??

• @kathykmt said:
    Santi, I followed the BTD for many years. I don't think you need to worry about BP's MCT oil. Not because, as Jason implies, blood type is irrelevant. But I think - and this is the research you should do to confirm - that the oil no longer contains the coconut lectin. If that's true, then it won't affect you in the way you're worried about.

wow, so glad to hear you followed it too! i am guessing you are now on Bulletproof diet, how is it going?

• I love BP, though my goal of weight loss is fairly elusive. Certainly slow. But I have never felt more centered and my sweet and starch cravings are completely gone. I have always had a "fat tooth" so I took to keto/BP easily. I like the tweaking part of BP so I expect I'll get better at finding out what works for me. I also just purchased the BP Vibe machine and have high hopes. :D

• @santi said:

@Jason Miller said:

i forgot to ask you about Brain Octane...do you suggest to be ok as MCT ?

@santi said:

@santi said:

@Jason Miller said:

i forgot to ask you about Brain Octane...do you suggest to be ok as MCT ?

same thing, good to go.

• Well, as I say, you might want to research it a bit. But as Jason says the Brain Octane and the MCT should be interchangeable if in fact the coconut lectin is no longer there. I thought I saw that somewhere (i.e., someone said they were allergic to coconut and were told there was no coconut left in the C8 and C10, etc. oils). From that I presume the lectin is gone. But I have no independent knowledge of it, so you should check it yourself to be completely reassured. If you do, let us know what you find!