Cooking meats, etc

Hello i am trying to figure out how can i cook the meats without it sizzling like Dave suggests? No matter what temp i put it on it will sizzle a little, or if i put it real low it just sits there and i dont think i can finish cooking a meal in time like this, any suggestions please

Comments

• Have you tried incorporating water or broth...that can protect the fats.

• Ive tried some water and im thinking of using my slow cooker? Broth sounds like a great idea

• cortextcortext ✭✭
    edited September 21

My go method uses a dry rub over a piece of meat, tossed onto a steam basket in the instant pot with a little bit of water underneath. Tonight, I cooked up a medium rare steak in 3 minutes with a dry rub of turmeric, ceylon cinnamon, parsley, oregano, cumin, coriander, onion powder, black pepper, and salt, then hit it with a dash of coconut aminos on the plate. The dry rub followed by a 5min rest or so before cutting into the meat really locks in the moisture. It always comes out juicy, tender, and bursting with flavor. No concerns over heterocyclic amines, PAHs, AGEs, etc., and nothing lost into a broth -- it actually cooks lower than boiling point. I'll often put some veg in the oven beforehand or throw some more veg in a steam basket while this is cooking up, then toss everything with raw olive oil, mct oil, or whatever sounds good. On the stove I might fry some onion with garlic, wine, shiitake mushrooms, ghee, and coconut oil to throw on top.

If I recall, the pressure cooker results in the least loss of nutrients compared with most other forms of cooking, including microwaving / steaming.