Headaches/drowsiness From 500Mg Capsule Of Choline

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    Yes, possibly. However, I do have to note that 500mg of bitartrate isn't that big of a dose.
  • I took 500 mg of choline with 750mg of aniracetam for the first time today. Felt really weird.

What has worked for me has been aniracetam, upgraded coffee, eggs, d3, cod liver oil for breakfast. I'm literally the highest performing human being on the planet from 7-11am. However by 3pm i'm useless....completely drained of mental energy.

I need help to prolong my morning effect.

• I took 500 mg of choline with 750mg of aniracetam for the first time today. Felt really weird.

What has worked for me has been aniracetam, upgraded coffee, eggs, d3, cod liver oil for breakfast. I'm literally the highest performing human being on the planet from 7-11am. However by 3pm i'm useless....completely drained of mental energy.

Do you eat lunch? Maybe a bp snack around 2 pm would keep you from crashing.
  • 'hza' wrote:

Do you eat lunch? Maybe a bp snack around 2 pm would keep you from crashing.

I do eat lunch, usually beans/white rice, chicken, and lots of veggies.
  • Do you always do carbs at lunch? I'm no expert, but between the bpc and heavy protein in the morning, maybe you're getting an insulin crash from the carbs. I know I get it real bad if I don't eat all day and have a carb meal in the evening.
  • 'hza' wrote:

Do you always do carbs at lunch? I'm no expert, but between the bpc and heavy protein in the morning, maybe you're getting an insulin crash from the carbs. I know I get it real bad if I don't eat all day and have a carb meal in the evening.

Yes, theres usually carbs in my meal. What am I supposed to eat to ensure I dont have these types of crashes?

• Yes, theres usually carbs in my meal. What am I supposed to eat to ensure I dont have these types of crashes?

Like I said, I'm not an expert here, just speculating on possible causes for the crashes you're having. From my own experience, carb consumption under certain conditions can make me feel very suddenly like I'm all out of steam, not unlike what you report. Maybe that's an area you can look into, or even better, someone else here can offer more solid knowledge and/or advice. I just figured something to work with was better than nothing.
  • Its happenning right now....I feel so much more lethargic than 2 hours ago
  • edited February 2013
    Huh, had a much healthier lunch today (two chicken breasts, rice, a fuck ton veggies (probably a 40/20/40 split) and now I feel much better. Not as high performing as in the morning, but not brain dead either.

• Huh, had a much healthier lunch today (two chicken breasts, rice, a fuck ton veggies (probably a 40/20/40 split) and now I feel much better. Not as high performing as in the morning, but not brain dead either.

Are you taking creatine? It might be good adding some creatine into the mix around lunchtime.
  • Maybe you're not sleeping well at night. Apnea? Room too hot? Pets bothering you?

• Maybe you're not sleeping well at night. Apnea? Room too hot? Pets bothering you?

No pets, I have a humidifier on, and I sleep 7-8 hours a day. Like I said earlier, from 7-11 i feel superhuman, after that I feel either normal or lethargic
  • I still have these crashes and they are affecting my work performance. 

Help? I'm thinking of addidng MCT oil to a coffee right after lunch. What do you guys think?

• edited June 2014

I took 500 mg of choline with 750mg of aniracetam for the first time today. Felt really weird.

===================================================================================================

I have a similar routine but my day starts at 5:15am.  I've found a "slow drip" approach that keeps my morning feeling going much longer, and I use food and movement as "boosters" throughout the day.  

Here is a typical day:

5am - 9am

> BPC (48 oz coffee, 6-8 tbs GF butter and 2-3 tbs of Brain Octane

> 750 mg Aniracetam

> 300 mg Alpha GPC (if needed.  If i get a headache, I take it.  Otherwise, I don't.  I find I don't need choline every day)

> 25 burpees or 50 kettlebell swings (something to get the heart going)

9am - 1pm

> BPYM (32 oz yerba mate, 3-4 tbs GF butter, 1 tbs Brain Octane)

> 750 mg Aniracetam

1pm - 3pm

> lunch (typically .5lb grass-fed beef, 2-3c broccoli or brussel sprouts, 1tbs MCT oil for flavor and fats)

> 750 mg Aniracetam (if needed - still trying to figure out my MED)

3pm - 5pm

> Exercise (every 7 days, I lift VERY heavy to fail.  Outside of that, I rest and my exercise is just for recreation - mountain biking, hiking, basketball, etc.)

> Steam room or sauna (I've been reading that hyperthermic training is great for endurance, recovery and muscle growth.  Google Dr. Rhonda Patrick for more details here.  Physical benefits aside, this just chills me out and all I focus on is breathing and sweating)

> Cold Shower - I originally started doing these after reading about fat loss benefits of cold exposure in 4 Hour Body.  Now, I just love it.  I must be part Swedish

> Dinner (usually same combo as lunch, but switch up the veges for some variety)

10pm-ish

> 400 mg Magnesium

> 5 mg Melatonin (as needed, but especially if I am traveling.  Instant jet lag cure)

A couple notes on my approach:

> Vary the caffeine - this is a LOT of caffeine, but it comes in a variety of sources and is coupled with fat (butter), which I find evens out and extends the caffeine. Yerba mate has 3 different stimulants in it, all absorbed at different times in the body, so I am not getting hit all at once or over-loading on a single source.  Nonetheless, I am actively trying to drop this a bit for fear of adrenal fatigue    

> Eat a lot of (good) fat - At all points in the day, I keep a steady stream of fat coming in, usually butter or MCT, and very little carbs unless I plan to workout.  I'll have white rice or sweet potatoes with my protein/fat if I am really hungry.

> Movement is important - I don't think it has to be fancy or time-consuming.  50 jumping jacks every couple hours is surprisingly effective

> Rinse and repeat - I don't deviate much from this routine during the workweek because (1) it works and (2) I don't want to have to think about it at all.  The consistency also ensures I have a very predictable week energetically, assuming I am not sick (never) or lacking sleep

> Sleep - I can get by on 5-6 hours but I really need more, especially after lifting.  This is a simple hack everyone should do.

Following above, I am usually mentally gassed by 4pm.  I try not to do anything requiring much mental energy after this time.  Honestly, I get more done between 5am - 12pm that I am not too tripped up by the fact that I am not as sharp in the afternoon.