supplement- L Carnosine? good or bad?

eanageleanagel
edited November 8 in Bulletproof Diet

I found a series of links on L carnosine in google and I am confused. on one hand, I see that many say it is anti aging, and on the other, some say it causes buildup of this toxin, which can age you? help, I need clarification! neutral:

if it is beneficial, how do I properly use it, to help me stay young and enhance my longevity? is there any reason I should stop using it?

here is the link to my google search:
https://www.google.com/search?rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&q=canosine+liposome&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjm6quAqq7XAhUBWWMKHZ8jCaAQvwUIIygA&biw=1920&bih=1025

Comments

• well it says carnosine is an amino acid primarily found in red meat, and every study ever has proven that red meat is one of the most dangerous foods to consume. if you need carnosine i would talk to your doctor and see what they say.

• that sounds like a good idea. i think if i talk to a functional medicine doc, they will be more understanding and supportive than my GP. the info online is so confusing lol

• Abe_RAbe_R
    edited November 9

@TobyFlenderson said:
    well it says carnosine is an amino acid primarily found in red meat, and every study ever has proven that red meat is one of the most dangerous foods to consume. if you need carnosine i would talk to your doctor and see what they say.

Uhh, if its factory-farmed, grain-fed, moldy and mycotoxin-filled then it doesn't matter what color it is, but grass-fed red meat is better than grass-fed white meat anyways...

• yes, this is my confusion. and i don't necessarily NEED L carnosine, but the point behind biohacking is to maximise your performance and longevity, and have certain above the norm goals in mind for your health. i am taking 500 mg right now, along with other supplements. i want to know if this supplement helps with aging, or hurts you in the aging process because of the contradictory info that i saw in my google search.
    Grass fed beef is a favorite of mine, i don't eat much of it because its not readily available where i live (alaska)

• @eanagel said:
    yes, this is my confusion. and i don't necessarily NEED L carnosine, but the point behind biohacking is to maximise your performance and longevity, and have certain above the norm goals in mind for your health. i am taking 500 mg right now, along with other supplements. i want to know if this supplement helps with aging, or hurts you in the aging process because of the contradictory info that i saw in my google search.
    Grass fed beef is a favorite of mine, i don't eat much of it because its not readily available where i live (alaska)

Y'all can probably get really high quality meat from hunting that is comparable.

• eanageleanagel
    edited November 13

that sounds good, hunting is the norm for many people here.

• eanageleanagel
    edited November 13

and fishing. at the moment i'm researching farms that sell meat in the area in case i missed anything. so am i to understand that i'm better off getting it from food?