Help, I live in a moldy building!

Abe_RAbe_R
edited November 9 in General Discussion

I'm 23 & broke due to car troubles in the past and future law school debts, but work 2 jobs so could maintain the cost of an air purifier if it meant removing ALL of the mycotoxins from the air around me...

I want to know which of these is best:

http://www.airocide.com/ (CLAIMS TO KILL NEARLY ALL MYCOTOXINS)

OR

AIRIQ

WHICH IS BETTER FOR HOUSE WITH SMALL MOLD AMOUNTS?

INFO FROM:

http://www.survivingtoxicmold.com/prevent_toxic_air_with_purifiers

The situation right now:

I have a desktop HEPA I got on amazon on the way. I used coupon code HTQBVCP7 for $20 off. I'm a cheapskate.

My mom had a dehumidifier running in the room with the mold... I don't know if that will help or not.

I have sprayed it with antimicrobials ( I literally poured the supplements I take on the mold like MCT oil because I just found out about this last night.)

I plan to either scrub the wood off or remove the wood SATURDAY because I work both jobs today & tomorrow. Will reapply store-bought antimicrobial solution and MCT oil tonight and tomorrow night.

does this look any good? 7 stages jumped out at me... and it seems like it gets the smaller particles mentioned by the bigger name brand ones

Comments

  • First of all, you need to do your best to kill the mold, either with cleaners, or bleach, whatever.
    You need to make sure there are no water leaks (plumbing or roof) Mold likes high humidity.

    I recommend buying, borrowing or renting an ozone generator. Crank it up and get out of there for as long as you can. Leave it on when you arent there. When you get back air the place out. Ozone only lasts a few minutes.
    This will kill (oxidize) the mold, and it wont come back.

    Your filters are ok, but dont address the source.

  • Abe_RAbe_R
    edited November 14

    Okay, so I removed the wood that had the mold on it and trashed the gloves and mask I used while doing it... didn't get a nice mask like I probably should have and noticed SEVERE symptoms the day after I did it. I have upped my MCT consumption to about 20 tbsp/day (normally its about 10-12) and am considering seeing a doctor for an antifungal prescription if symptoms persist.) With that day of symptoms being my protein fast day, I think that helped me detox to an extent and I take polyphenomenal nightly so that with the prebiotics from my starches probably helped too.

    There is mold on some of the wall behind where that wood was, so I will be tearing into that this weekend. I should probably get a better mask first though. I have been adding Conchrobium DAILY to the affected area. I also got that air filter yesterday and manually removed most of the blue lightbulbs from it. it has been running today, so hopefully I won't react as badly being there tonight.

    would something like this be good enough for Ozone?

    I'm seeing smaller ones as low as $2...

    Also, has anyone used the Homebiotic? Used to be sold here until they were fully 'started up' https://homebiotic.com/start

  • Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

    Sorry to hear of your mold problems, Abe. It is important to try and keep calm, but follow your instincts (if that's possible) in this time. So you need to really focus on getting that mold out for sure. Make sure not to introduce any harsh chemicals in that process. Yes, the air purifier will help remove the mycotoxins, but just make sure you can tolerate the smell. You'll be introducing a lot of new things in this time, so really pay attention to your body. With the MCT. I had mold problems, then chemical sensitivity, and a bunch of food allergies. All throughout, I don't think MCT made me feel very good at all. It is supposed to be antifungal, true, but there are a lot of better antifungals out there that aren't as harsh. The key is finding the best herbs to balance out your gut down there. That's where I've landed now. I basically address the leaky gut, the toxins, and the inflammation respectively with:

    • marshmallow root and l-glutamine (for leaky gut)
    • activated charcoal, bentonite clay, and chlorella (to bind toxins)
    • krill oil (for inflammation)

    All are very effective, and you'll need to figure out the timing for yourself. Obviously, binding should never be done AFTER supplements, though I've never had problem taking binders before them. Bentonite is pretty crazy effective, though, and I'm always incredibly hungry after taking it.

    So just do your best, and I might come on here and follow up if you have anymore questions.

    Concrobium is great! Ozone is also great, but of course let it air out first for a few hours at least before you sleep there.

  • Well its basically just a wall in the basement that I have to tear into now (probably Saturday, its not my house or I would have done it before)... I have a dehumidifier running in that room to prevent spread and have been adding conchrobium daily... also that HEPA purifier running in the next room...

    I'll definitely grab some l-glutamine... got a good source? Same for marshmallow root, source? I always get concerned the more 'natural' a supplement is due to potential for heavy metal/mycotoxin contamination.

  • is this your place or is it rented/leased? if you rent then the landlord should be notified and take care of it since the property is their responsibility

  • @TobyFlenderson said:
    is this your place or is it rented/leased? if you rent then the landlord should be notified and take care of it since the property is their responsibility

    Parent's house. So far they have been okay with me taking out Moldy wood because they intend on selling it soon...

  • Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭
    edited November 15

    @Abe_R said:
    Well its basically just a wall in the basement that I have to tear into now (probably Saturday, its not my house or I would have done it before)... I have a dehumidifier running in that room to prevent spread and have been adding conchrobium daily... also that HEPA purifier running in the next room...

    I'll definitely grab some l-glutamine... got a good source? Same for marshmallow root, source? I always get concerned the more 'natural' a supplement is due to potential for heavy metal/mycotoxin contamination.

    Sounds like you've got the wall under control, but stay vigilant! I have also reacted to dehumidifers constantly pumping. They dry me out and give me headaches and weird dry skin/throat, and I can't even be in the same house while they're on. I usually just let it run while I'm gone.

    For the best value, I get a huge tub of l-glutamine from Jarrow. Look at this thing!

    For marshmallow root, just go with Nature's Way. Their stuff is pretty pure. This one happens to also be organic, and I have no reactions to it.

  • Abe_RAbe_R
    edited November 17

    I'm looking at getting an IQ AIr.... Even though most of the mold and spores are gone from my house (probably,) I still feel sick and know its not bacterial or viral because when I leave the house I'm fine.

    Last night I woke up in the middle of the night because I had to vomit and it was very bloody... Now I feel fine & I felt fine when I got home last night.... I've been on a bulletproof diet for almost a year, I know what mold feels like. lmao.

Sign In or Register to comment.