Light hacking help (what bulbs should I get/avoid?)

clonemancloneman
edited December 2017 in General Discussion

I've read the page about light hacking but many questions still remain.

I want to setup a full-spectrum lamp at work to keep me awake. I'd prefer to use a document lamp and not have a huge lightbox shining directly in my face. What kind of "full spectrum" bulb should I buy? Halogen is too hot I start sweating afaik.

Are all LED lights bad? I see an un-recommendation for CFLs and White LEDs. What about the more yellow "Daytime" LEDs?

What red/orange light bulbs should I buy for my screw-in type bulbs for my bedroom?

If I have long florescent lights in my home office, what should I replace them with? They are ceiling mounted.

Comments

• Hello,

I have had some of the same questions. My main question is are red LED bulbs just as bad as regular LED?

On Amazon, there are CFL, LED and incandescent red bulbs and not sure which one to buy. In my house, I have amber incandescent bulbs in most of my house which provides a low light atmosphere at night.

I want to change the white lights in my house with a few red bulbs and I tend to go with LED but wonder if another type would be best.