Collagen for Healing After Surgery

Hey guys! I’ve been bp for about 2 years now and love it. I recently had a c section that led to an infection. I had 3 back-to-back surgeries to remove the infection and they had to cut out 4x2in of infected abdominal wall that has been binded together by mesh. I’m at an extremely high risk of hernias for the rest of my life. I’ve been researching online and found that type 3 collagen is what people need in order to properly heal the wound and avoid an abdominal hernia. Does anyone know what level of collagen bp has? I’m about a month into recovery, 25 yrs old, extremely healthy and take about 2 scoops of collagen a day. Anyone have any experience or advice with this? Please help!!! Oh—and baby is happy, healthy and chubby :-)

Comments

• edited January 2018

You could also add l-glutamine to your stack if you haven't already done so. Also, megadose on Vitamin C, which is a building block for collagen. Grassfed colostrum is also something I would recommend.

If you have $500 to spare, I'd recommend buying the JOOVV Red mini. For me, it's helped with wound and muscle recovery 100x better than any supplement has. And, no, I'm not affiliated with the company at all. It's probably the best health investment I've made in 2017.

Good luck, and congratulations on the baby.

To answer your question, the BP collagen is type 1 collagen.

• It will help you, but there could be some cosmetician improvements needed to cover the traces, scars etc. It's not a problem at all, it's not an invasive procedure, every mediocre service like https://plasticspot.io can handle that. It won't cost you that much, but you will have to stay at hospital for a few days. So, it's a little bit complicated, but it's not a disaster.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file