Started RFLP :#

:# I know it doesn't seem like a very popular practice here in the forums, and don't see like a lot of info or success stories. Seems like everyone tend to disappear. Hope they're all are well.

I'm desperate enough to try something this extreme... as doctors are pressuring me to have gastric sleeve surgery, which seems also pretty extreme to me... So I'm trying this as a crazy, last , desperate attempt to stop being obese.

I'm a woman, 30 yo, obese since 10 yo. Height 1'5" (166cm), Starting weight 231 lb (105 Kg). I'm fed up of being obese, it's very difficult to lose weight when also having depression and a lot of issues. I've been all my life hating myself and trying lots of approaches to lose weight, then feeling like crap when failing at all of them. currently I need to lose somewhere between 90-100 pounds (40-45 Kg) so i may attempt to follow this for 100 days... if I don't start feeling like crap before. I'll have some bloodwork done if I get to week 4 (recent bloodwork done a couple months ago, all OK).

So far, I'm in day 8, refeed was yesterday. weighed myself on Saturday, before refeed day, at a different scale, so can be a variation. If I can trust both scales, the difference is of 2.2 kilos less that is like 4.5 lb.

First week I had lot of headaches and was bloated, but also was having my period, and always get bloated those days. As I'm not located in USA, supplements are what I found available. Last week my days were:

3:00 am ACV+salt water, NAC (efervescent with aspartame, but was the only stuff available) and some local brand's "Gluthatione precursor" that contains ALA and glutathione. and my Wellbutrin (for depression, had been taking it for years to feel "normal")

4:30 am BCAA+ coffee (20gr butter, 28 gr coconut oil) + vit d3, k, c+ krill oil

7-8 am 10 pills of L-GLutamine, more coffe without oils

don't take charcoal in the morning as I don't want to interfere with my medication. Take water with a pinch of salt as needed along the morning.

11-12 pm Coffe (20 gr butter+28 gr coconut oil) *some days added collagen 5-10 grams

14-15 hrs BCAA and some tea,

17:00 10 pills of charcoal

18:00 -19:00 at least 50 grams of butter with salt and Mg+K supplements before crashing on bed. Also some collagen with water. ALso had my Ketoprofene as I have an issue with my joints.

On refeed day, ate whatever was in my way as it was my dad's birthday... even ate corn and lemon pie.¯_(ツ)_/¯

Today I'm feeling OK, except that I have a runny nose, my thorat is itching and feel weak... but my sibligs were sick yesterday and it likely I catched whatever they have... :(

This week I'm also ditching the ACV and collagen, to stick more to the original protocol. I was taking those before starting, for that reason I just kept taking them. But I'll try this week without.

So if anyone has donde the protocol and want's to share something, recommendations, etc. Please do so. I'll try to comment on my progress, but don't promise to do daily. If I fail with this I'll let know here so if someone comes after me looking fo info can have one more input on how's this experience.

Have a nice day you all.

Comments

• Hi Cass887!

I just started RFLP as yesterday, with very similar stats to you. How have you been doing? Also have you found a way to make the BCAA and L-glutamate more palatable? Hope you're doing well!

• @Zar01 said:
    Hi Cass887!

I just started RFLP as yesterday, with very similar stats to you. How have you been doing? Also have you found a way to make the BCAA and L-glutamate more palatable? Hope you're doing well!

Hello :) I think I've been doing well. it's not as awful as I thought it could be. ABout the BCAAs, well, no I just drink them, make a face of disgust and immediatly drink from a glass of plain water or coffee.If you dilute them in more water, they taste less concentrated and it's somewhat more bearable to drink. Also, this week I'm drinking BCAAs and glutamate together, because I found more convenient to carry a water bottle pre filled with the powders weighed at home. Then I fill it with water and drink half of it int he morning between my 2 BP cofees and the second half in the afternoon. Hope it doesn't afffect to take them combined.

Is haven´t used ACV nor collagen since last week. I did fall sick :( and the physician prescribed some flu medicine with paracetamol and ibuprofen, so I may have felt weaker because of that plus the flu... Last friday I started to feel way better by the afternoon, but still went straight to bed as I felt I had pending sleep hours accumulated, and wanted the day to end to have a decent breakfast the next day hahaha

I started my refeed day fine, eating rice and a sweet potato with some "Tahini Tuna Salad" because I was thinking of that tuna salad all week long. I sinned eating brownies and a macaroon by the afternoon. I went to eat and ended up having a bowl of ramen. My dinner was again sweet potato, rice and tuna as I didn't want any leftovers in my fridge.

Next day I ate very little... Took ACV in the morning because I felt bloated, some cofee and a few spoonfuls of butter along the day. Didn't have bowel movements, and felt like bloated. Was feeling slow and lazy...don't know if it was because I ate too much or because I was just lazy ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Today is day 15th since I started, I feel constipated and haven't evacuated yet. Felt some pain, like colitis around noon, maybe because I didn't hav my BP Coffe at 11:30 as usual because I was attending a meeting. I came to school and around 3 decided I needed a nap, and as the lab was empty I just napped at my desk for an hour! I feel refreshed and energized now that I'm awake. I may even stay late ( I usually leave at 6pm, to go home and sleep as I wake up at 2 am. I work an early morning shift that starts at 4 am).

Haven't weighed myself but last week at my workplace there was a campaingn and they were taking InBody measurements. I don't have the paper with me now, but I'll share the results here. They're supposedly going next month again for follow up (The doctors of the campaign (sponsored by a pharmaceutical company)prescribed me some orlistat hahahahahahahahahaha, OMG no (not taking that crap ever again), I'm just ignoring their advice, but joined to have those body composition measurements taken).

Let me know how you're feeling!! :)

• Hey Cass887,
    I hope you're doing well. I started today and I really appreciate your posts. I haven't been able to find any experiences of people who have tried it either so I'm happy you've decided to. I am starting at 167 and 5'0 and I am planning on going 6 weeks as long as my panels check out. It's now April 3rd. Has your colitis like pain stopped or continued? Thank you!

• @indy500 said:
    Hey Cass887,
    I hope you're doing well. I started today and I really appreciate your posts. I haven't been able to find any experiences of people who have tried it either so I'm happy you've decided to. I am starting at 167 and 5'0 and I am planning on going 6 weeks as long as my panels check out. It's now April 3rd. Has your colitis like pain stopped or continued? Thank you!

Hello :)

I've completed 4 weeks, from which the first two were successful. I've started to see some progress but haveb't weighed myself. I'm 5'6'' and 105 Kg (before starting). Inflammation is no longer present, I feel just fine, but I feel like my belly is not getting smaller. I wonder if it's inflammation, or that it's being hard to shed fat from there due to cortisol (This have been some crazy weeks, I'm very close to the deadline for my Master's Thesis and in work they just announced we are all (the people working in my same project) being dismissed in a couple months.
    Still, this Sunday I had a low car meal, then started fasting (was so full I was not able to eat) then on monday I just got back to my schedule only having BP and salted butter, and supplements of course. I think now it feels easier and don't feel so weak, yet sometimes I feel as if I was drunk, but have also slep very little (due to school plus full time job)so it may be that.

I'm basically eating grass fed beef burguers, with mugbread, bacon and mashed sweet-potato... I like this combo so much I'm looking forward for my next meal.

On the feeding day(s) I jhaven't been strictly bulletproof, even had beer two weeks ago, for that reason I believe my weightloss has been also hindered. Still I believe I'm getting used to this schedule of eating and I'm determined to eat better on feeding days and have more self control about cravings.

In the beggining I was weighing the butter to make sure I was eating 1200 cals at least. Right now I'm not but I believe my intake has been more stable for: 4-6 Tbs butter, 2-3 Tbs coconut oil and 1-1.5 Tbs Brain Octane. That means somewhere between 750 and 1250 cals so it's not crazy low.

I though it wouldn't be sustainable for more than a couple weeks, but I see myself contionuing a couple months more, as long as my life stays crazy, the thing that makes me stick to it is that I have no time to cook and it's best for me to feel good having only fats and coffe, than eating whatever I a buy, bloating and gaining more weight out of compulsory eating. I love that I feel little hunger and that I see my waist slightly smaller (along the sides and back, but the belly is still very prominent). And I have like 100 pounds to lose, so I'd rather be patient anyway. Right now I don't have time for other sort of regime, haven't even worked out :/

If I have a crazy craving of something I allowed myself a treat on feeding day. This last week I was very satisfied withg my homemade bruguers I wasn't really thinking of eating out or ordering anything else.

This is so far my report. I'm on week 5, and no idea if I've lost weight. I'll weigh myself on the next appointment likely to be on 23rd.

• Hi Cass! I started the RFLP today and would love to know if you kept doing it after your most recent post and what the results have been? thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file