Pain and Stiffness from Bone Broth

Several years back I started making home made bone broth to help with GI issues. Soon after, I became stiff in my lower back and neck. The pain was debilitating and worse than any stomach issue I had been dealing. I returned to the conventional gluten free diet I had been following. Recently I tried adding bone broth back into my diet and within two weeks I began experiencing the same exact pain and stiffness. For the first time, I was able to associate and attribute the pain and stiffness to the bone broth. Obviously I have eliminated the bone broth but my question to the forum is what in bone broth could have been the cause? The reason I ask is because I am constantly in a slightly elevated state of inflammation. What else can I eliminate from my diet? Some quick google searches show that bone broth may be high in glutamate. Would this cause pain and stiffness to someone sensitive to glutamate? Is there a way to test if you have a sensitivity to glutamate? Is there a supplement I can take in the mean time to counteract whatever is going on at the moment? Could it be from boiling onion (nightshade) for hours? Would this expose me to a concentrated level of nightshades? For what its worth, my broth consists of bones (chicken or beef), apple cider vinegar, onion, celery, carrot, bay leaf, peppercorn, clove and himalayan salt.

Comments

• glutamate from bone broth gave me headaches and made me nauseous. I think I remember a blog saying it has to do with your gut flora, archaea if I recall correctly.