What's the latest in nootropic research / supplements?

I've been looking for a new supplement stack. Currently, I do coffee in the morning, then follow up with Magnesium, D3, K2, Iodine, B-Complex, and Fish Oil, sometimes with Ashwagandha / Bacopa.

I did a carb refeed today with lots of rice and protein, and can now fully confirm that I operate 500% better when I don't do this.

Have there been any noteworthy developments in the nootropics / cognitive support scene? Or, any other supplements worth looking into?

Comments

• edited April 2018

TULIP is something worth looking into..
    Magnesium Threonate is interesting... and Semax sounds promising too.

Just a few off the top of my head.

• Any other recommendations? I've used CoQ10 + PQQ in the past but found it relatively unnoticeable... it was maybe about as noticeable as adding more olive oil to my diet or taking a B5 or fish oil.

I've tried Mg Threonate but found it about the same as Magnesium (maybe a little more sedating.)

• TULIP combines LLLT with CoQ10, PQQ, which is much more noticable and effective.

Methylesters Blue is another one to look into. :)

• cortextcortext ✭✭

I'll have to look into LLLT closer (something to the tune of shining bright lights at your head?) I do get quite a bit of sunlight, but maybe there's more to be had with targeted devices.

I do take CoQ10 / PQQ from time to time, but this is the same sort of supplement stack that my grandmother takes. Where I'm hoping to find something more intriguing like Aniracetam.

• @TakingShotsFeelinBP said:
    TULIP combines LLLT with CoQ10, PQQ, which is much more noticable and effective.

Methylesters Blue is another one to look into. :)

Do you mean Methylene Blue?

• cortextcortext ✭✭

It seems like Methylene Blue / TULIP were big on longecity 5-10yrs ago.

• Yes, Methylene Blue.

They (MB, LLLT) might have been around for a while, but both have solid Science behind them, are very cost-effective and definitely work well for cognitive enhancement for a lot of people (plus a low risk of toxicity).
    They both have similiar modes of action, in that they enhance mitochondrial function.

Then there always new forms of the Racetams, which I haven‘t tried yet. (only P-Piracetam and Piracetam).
    You could look into new peptides too (Semax sounds promising).

• cortextcortext ✭✭

Has anyone tried the new Smart Mode supplement in the bulletproof shop? It looks like it's mostly theacrine (I'm curious if this would be overkill for a heavy coffee drinker?)

• Still nothing new / noteworthy?

• I tried Noopept and i liked it.

• @Kate_Bva said:
    I tried Noopept and i liked it.

Hello, i'm new here but Noopept heard for the first time. Have you tried other like mindlab or braintonus ?

• sash2010sash2010
    edited July 2018

Don't forget best product for brain at 2018 !!! https://12healthsupplements.com/braintonus/

• Lately, I have my eye on mitochondria boosters (Idebenone / MitoQ / PQQ?), polyphenols (sulforaphane?), and psychobiotics (Biogastrus?)

The psychobiotics seem particularly cool, but maybe difficult to actually pull off into meaningful gut-remodeling.