Erythritol

I'm afraid to try it after my experience with xylitol. Has erythritol been known to have the same effects as xylitol? I'm talkin' squatty potty syndrome... :shock:

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    Doesn't have the same effects, don't quote me but I think it is derived from a couple different sources, the one I found was made from corn, I didn't buy it.
  • Good to know about the sourcing. It didn't occur to me to dig into that.
  • Can someone recommend a quality brand of erythritol please?

Thanks!
  • Swerve seems to be pretty good.
  • Isn't Swerve [font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]erythritol mixed with something else? Is it still considered BP? Also, is Truvia considered BP? What about Maltitol?[/font]
  • Have a look at what FODMAPS is. Some people have problems with fructose and fruit derived products. If you have a problem with xylitol, chances are you will have a problem with erythritol..
  • Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    'kitty' wrote:

Have a look at what FODMAPS is. Some people have problems with fructose and fruit derived products. If you have a problem with xylitol, chances are you will have a problem with erythritol..

Xylitol comes from trees and can cause diarrhea in some people. Erythritol doesn't come from trees and doesn't tend to cause diarrhea. I fail to see your correlation.