Don't want to wear dentures for rest of my life

Hello!
I am a 60-year-old woman with some serious dental issues living in Mississauga. My family basically has a history of strong and healthy teeth, but recently I have observed that my gums are extremely swollen and red. It often bleeds excessively when I brush or floss. Also, it pains a lot when I am eating. At times, I get this weird feeling that my teeth are about to fall off, especially when I am chewing. I know I am getting older with each passing day, but I don't want to end up wearing dentures for the rest of my life. When I told my kids about this, they suggested that I see a general dentistry service in Mississauga itself. I hope I am making the right decision.
If anyone has any similar experience or any genuine information regarding this, do help me out. Do share your views so that I can make the right decision.

Comments

• I am so sorry to hear of your suffering. I don't have much to contribute but this one small anecdote. For many years I had bleeding with every brushing. It disappeared when I brushed with baking soda and a dab of coconut oil. I recall it working right away.

• It is a good idea to visit a dentist to find out what is wrong. My mom wears a denture, and I can see that the struggle is real. She can't eat hard food even if her dentures are made of good quality materials.

• I used to have bleeding gums, it went away after I started soaking my toothbrush in peroxide between brushing. I rarely have any dental issues now. I keep a shot glass full of peroxide on the sink and that is where my toothbrush lives. I change the peroxide every few days.

• I love that peroxide idea

• I tried to clean with peroxide it really helps