Erectile Dysfunction on low carb

I am 51 years old, 5 feet 11 inches, and have been varying from keto to low carb for about 5 years. 3 years ago while in ketosis, I went from 190 to 170 over a 6 week period and felt great, but was eating too much protein compared to fat and suffered what seemed to be hypoglycemia. Suddenly I became dizzy and could barely continue standing. Consumption of sugar cured the emergency. I continued with the low carb but increased saturated fats, and for several weeks or months I felt a bit unsteady on my feet and I wondered if I had suffered a stroke. My thinking abilities were normal, however. These symptoms gradually normalized, but I began to develop erectile dysfunction for the first time in my life. I can achieve an erection, but physical stimulation is required while previously mental stimulation was sufficient . I have tried many supplements and treatments including maca, intermittent fasting, mucuna pruriens, boron, L arginine and spirulina, but benefited only marginally. My next step may be to work my way up to an extended fast. Any suggestions?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file