Hacking The Possible Benefits Of Alcohol.

I really am not sure this endeavor has been undertaken before.

I understand that overall it may be a negative in your weekly log when you imbibe...but there indeed is SOMETHING quite positive also going on when the sober you lets go.

I could fill this box with the names of those who excelled in their chosen field due in some part to the effects of drinking alcohol as their vice. It encompasses all fields, from presidents, writers and athletes to actors, artists and musicians.

Let us be the first (or best) to break down how to use alcohol to your advantage.

In my life it has had these benefits to date:

Sound and deep sleep.

Creative thought.

Extreme breakdown of the fear of social interaction, leading to more communication and all of the benefits that come with it.

Breaking the barriers of "typical common sober talk", and entering into deeper thought, feelings and trust.

These are just off the top of my head.
Seeing through the chaotic.

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭
    I once did a 15 minute speech at uni on the communication benefits of alcohol in business. Very tongue in cheek. The lecturer reluctantly gave me a good mark due to the serious truth I presented image/icon_e_wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';-)' />

The points were similar to yours above.

Some added benefits are:

- extremely awesome drunken adventures

- and what of the food/alcohol matching that Europeans are famous for. Are there some health benefits there?
  • edited February 2013

Had to smile and think of this thread when I saw the sign posted above the door of an extremely successful and balanced Jim Rogers (world-traveling former investor with George Soros)...

"Beware of the man who does not drink."

The possible advantage of learning Mandarin (the business negotiating language of China) was also duly noted.  Great older show I had not seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmsnKOORuDk

Seeing through the chaotic.