Bulletproofing The Athlete- A Fully Customizable Template For Tracking And Changing Food Intake Base

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

Hi Jason

So from undereating and starting at the 15p 15c 30f that you suggested and gradually increasing, I've now reached an intake of 21p 22c 57f on rest days and 25p 25.5c 57f on workout days, and for the last 4 weeks I've been putting on an average of just over 0.5lb a week, which I'm incredibly happy with. Reaching 155lb doesn't seem a lot for a 6'1" guy but to me it's a massive improvement to be moving in this direction.

Is 0.5lb a week a good number to stick to, or is it worth slightly upping to try and put on 1lb a week, or will that be less ideal as more of it would be fat?

Breakfast: A kind of bulletproof chocolate shake (dark chocolate, 1tbsp butter, 1 scoop protein powder)

Mid morning snack: Protein shake with 1/2 an avocado, banana, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon

Lunch: 1/2lb beef (uncooked weight, comes out to about 5.5p), some veg and sweet potato

Mid-afternoon snack: Rice or potato plus a tin of sardines/some biltong/whey.

Dinner the same as lunch - beef, sweet potato, veg.

Might add some spinach to my mid-morning smoothie and some more veg to the mid-afternoon snack if it's worth building mass at a faster rate.

For workout days I workout after work and just add in an extra whey shake and some dextrose after my workout, take the banana out of the morning and replace it with pre/during workout carbs and replace some of the veg carbs at dinner with more starchy carbs.

looks good, from here, keep the protein and fat blocks were they are and just increase the carb blocks by 3, test that out for a week and if stable or under 1lb scale increase try another 3 block carb increase, and so on, if you get to 45c then stop and start adding fat blocks 8 at a time under the same circumstances.  Make sure you are doing lots of hypertrophy weightlifting to add lean mass.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,

• Wow!!! Interesting posts here... Looks really technical! Can you do one of these layouts for Women... :) :) :)

This is for both Men and Women. :cool:

• looks good, from here, keep the protein and fat blocks were they are and just increase the carb blocks by 3, test that out for a week and if stable or under 1lb scale increase try another 3 block carb increase, and so on, if you get to 45c then stop and start adding fat blocks 8 at a time under the same circumstances.  Make sure you are doing lots of hypertrophy weightlifting to add lean mass.

By hypertrophy do you mean high-rep style stuff? At the moment I'm basing my 3 a week workouts around 5x5s, should I be heading for more the 10 rep ranges?
  • edited October 2015

At the moment my routine looks like this, just adding weight each workout Stronglifts style to barbell/dumbbell work and adding weights/reps to the bodyweight exercises or performing more difficult variations:

Tuesday

Barbell Back Squats 5x5

Barbell Overhead Press 5x5

Barbell Rows 5x5

Pushups

Planks

Thursday

Barbell Deadlift 5x5

Barbell Bench Press 5x5

Inverted Rows

Dips

Pull Ups

Saturday

Barbell Back Squats 5x5

Dumbell Rows 5x8

Dumbell Bench Press 5x8

Chin Ups

Planks

Can you suggest any improvements? Is it worth simplifying this at all? As you can probably tell I'm a bit of a beginner.

• Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me out with pre and post workout nutriton (I´m about  5'7" tall and weigh about 140 pounds). I play floorball in a team and we compete (not at a high level though). We have workouts twice a week and normally I eat high fat and low carb until 2 hours before training. About 30 min before the workout I take BCAA with som carbs (dextro). After workout I have been taking BCAA (5g), carbs (dextro, about 50g) and protein (whey, 1,5 scoops, about 23g protein). Is this okay?

I was also wondering about what is optimal to eat during game days. We usually have 2 games in the afternoon with 1-2 hours in between. Should I drink BFC in the morning or just stay low fat and high carb? Should I eat extra carbs the night before? Last time I ate high fat AND high carb until 4 hours before the game and drank lots of water. Right before the game I took BCAA and some carbs. Between the 2 games and after the last one I took the same recovery drink that I usually take after a workout.

In addition to the floorball I do some resistance training at home (with bodyweight and kettlebells) and sometimes I do sprints (this I should do more often). I would like to gain some more muscle and be able to do a chin-up  :-P

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me out with pre and post workout nutriton (I´m about  5'7" tall and weigh about 140 pounds). I play floorball in a team and we compete (not at a high level though). We have workouts twice a week and normally I eat high fat and low carb until 2 hours before training. About 30 min before the workout I take BCAA with som carbs (dextro). After workout I have been taking BCAA (5g), carbs (dextro, about 50g) and protein (whey, 1,5 scoops, about 23g protein). Is this okay?

I was also wondering about what is optimal to eat during game days. We usually have 2 games in the afternoon with 1-2 hours in between. Should I drink BFC in the morning or just stay low fat and high carb? Should I eat extra carbs the night before? Last time I ate high fat AND high carb until 4 hours before the game and drank lots of water. Right before the game I took BCAA and some carbs. Between the 2 games and after the last one I took the same recovery drink that I usually take after a workout.

In addition to the floorball I do some resistance training at home (with bodyweight and kettlebells) and sometimes I do sprints (this I should do more often). I would like to gain some more muscle and be able to do a chin-up  :-P

50g carb and 25g protein pre and post is good, do this for your other training as well.  multi session days you would do the same but in between games you could do a mix of whole foods and liquid nutrition, then the remaining carbs/protein for the day after the second game.  Try to stay low fat during the games/training and post as this will only slow down your digestion, have all your daily fat in the morning like you have been doing (stopping a few hrs before).  So for example you would have 50g carb and 25g protein pre (this can be low fat meat and rice if 1-2hrs pre, or just do a drink if under 1hr), then after the first game you would immediately have your post meal, this could be 1/2 meat/rice right after and the other 1/2 as a liquid dose just before the second game, or all meat/rice, or all liquid, this will depend on you digestion and time between events, test it out, then after the second game you would have another post meal or drink, which would be all whole foods going into the evening, sweet potatoes etc.  You only need to consider pre bed carbs if you do AM fasted workouts, otherwise it doesn't make a huge difference other than you sleep better having carbs before bed.  

A handy tip for easy eating on the go while at games is making banana protein pancakes, only 3 ingredients: mashed banana, 2 eggs, 1 scoop of protein powder, adjust the amounts to give you the 2:1 ratio of carbs:protein, mash into a consistent non lumpy batter, cook them like pancakes. 

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,

At the moment my routine looks like this, just adding weight each workout Stronglifts style to barbell/dumbbell work and adding weights/reps to the bodyweight exercises or performing more difficult variations:

Tuesday

Barbell Back Squats 5x5

Barbell Overhead Press 5x5

Barbell Rows 5x5

Pushups

Planks

Thursday

Barbell Deadlift 5x5

Barbell Bench Press 5x5

Inverted Rows

Dips

Pull Ups

Saturday

Barbell Back Squats 5x5

Dumbell Rows 5x8

Dumbell Bench Press 5x8

Chin Ups

Planks

Can you suggest any improvements? Is it worth simplifying this at all? As you can probably tell I'm a bit of a beginner.

This looks fine, just wanted to make sure you were trying to add muscle.

• 50g carb and 25g protein pre and post is good, do this for your other training as well.  multi session days you would do the same but in between games you could do a mix of whole foods and liquid nutrition, then the remaining carbs/protein for the day after the second game.  Try to stay low fat during the games/training and post as this will only slow down your digestion, have all your daily fat in the morning like you have been doing (stopping a few hrs before).  So for example you would have 50g carb and 25g protein pre (this can be low fat meat and rice if 1-2hrs pre, or just do a drink if under 1hr), then after the first game you would immediately have your post meal, this could be 1/2 meat/rice right after and the other 1/2 as a liquid dose just before the second game, or all meat/rice, or all liquid, this will depend on you digestion and time between events, test it out, then after the second game you would have another post meal or drink, which would be all whole foods going into the evening, sweet potatoes etc.  You only need to consider pre bed carbs if you do AM fasted workouts, otherwise it doesn't make a huge difference other than you sleep better having carbs before bed.  

A handy tip for easy eating on the go while at games is making banana protein pancakes, only 3 ingredients: mashed banana, 2 eggs, 1 scoop of protein powder, adjust the amounts to give you the 2:1 ratio of carbs:protein, mash into a consistent non lumpy batter, cook them like pancakes. 

Thanks for the quick reply! I haven´t been adding protein to my pre workout shakes, do you think I should? Also would adding creatine to my regimen be a good idea? Pre or post workout? It´s funny you would mention the banana pancakes, I actually forgot to mention that I made some (in the oven though, it´s easier and you don´t need any fat) with eggs, bananas, dextro and some protein powder and ate before the games.

Thanks for the quick reply! I haven´t been adding protein to my pre workout shakes, do you think I should? Also would adding creatine to my regimen be a good idea? Pre or post workout? It´s funny you would mention the banana pancakes, I actually forgot to mention that I made some (in the oven though, it´s easier and you don´t need any fat) with eggs, bananas, dextro and some protein powder and ate before the games.

Yes I do think you should, it would also make it easier to hit your daily protein target (140g). Creatine is a good idea for sure, just don't buy a gimmick, go for monohydrate, 5g post workout is fine. With the bananas, make sure they are spotted before you use them, the glucose content is higher when they are like that.
  • edited October 2015

Yes I do think you should, it would also make it easier to hit your daily protein target (140g). Creatine is a good idea for sure, just don't buy a gimmick, go for monohydrate, 5g post workout is fine. With the bananas, make sure they are spotted before you use them, the glucose content is higher when they are like that.

More resistance starch if they aren't as ripe? Whats the fructose / glucose ratio approximately? I'm pounding bananas. Not durianrider styles, but maybe 200 - 300 grams a day. They're yummy as. I'm going to be cutting in around 3 weeks, so will have to be dropping them apart from post workout.

Ive only put on about 8lbs eating between 3500 - 4800 calories a day for the last 2 months. You really can go nuts on the food around training sessions.

Have upped my squat 1RM from 115 to 170KG  so I'm stoked with that, I have a novice powerlifting meet in three weeks so will get some real numbers.

Eating heaps while training is awesome.

When cutting is it still advisable to have a super glycemic post workout shake? Currently I'm having 30g of protein + 60g of dextrose and 5g of BCAA.

My thinking is you would want to do most carb restriction away from training so there is more of an on/off training day carb intake difference?

Freelance Wordpress developer and wannabe powerlifter
    carlaiau.com

Yes, take carbs away from the outside edges, also cut fat to try and save as many carbs as possible to keep training output and recovery high. It's too hard to tell the exact ratio of bananas as it varies by ripeness, just know that the more spotted the better and it will be 60-70% glucose.
  • ^ what jason said. One thing though, if your carbs are relatively low towards the last couple weeks of your cut (say 1g/lb on training days) you might want to opt for something other than dextrose. I find that when I eat my carbs (in the form of potatoes or rice or bread or what not lol) its much more satisfying than drinking them. Also, artificial sweeteners are my best friend during the last couple weeks of cutting - not sure what Jason thinks of this. Sugar free jello is the shit!

• You can see clearly when I found this thread

carbs.png

calories.png

My fasted glucose is still in the low 80's. I'm going to get a lipid panel and CRP done in the next few weeks after my novice powerlifting comp, and then cut for a wee bit.

Freelance Wordpress developer and wannabe powerlifter
    carlaiau.com

• Hello I am new here. I have been following bp for about 2-3 weeks now with the intermediate fasting. I like to workout, cardio, weights, yoga.....I am guessing I can't follow the intermediate fasting if I am working out in the morning and need protein/carbs post workout....way before 1 pm.  My goal right now is fat loss but I have yet to see that...I workout most days. I wasn't doing the diet 100% and I am still getting used to it, but I have actually gained weight instead of losing it....probably because I have been sneaking cheese (that shit is so addictive...its the worst!). I guess my question is if I follow the cyclic keto plan I would have better results? According to that plan I am at 16p, 5c,60f.....and then post workout nutrition is 3p and 5c ......so should I be eating all my carbs at postworkout and try to remain 0 carbs the rest of the day? ....I hope I calculated everything right.....I am currently 160lbs, 25-30% (not positive) body fat....TIA

Hello I am new here. I have been following bp for about 2-3 weeks now with the intermediate fasting. I like to workout, cardio, weights, yoga.....I am guessing I can't follow the intermediate fasting if I am working out in the morning and need protein/carbs post workout....way before 1 pm. My goal right now is fat loss but I have yet to see that...I workout most days. I wasn't doing the diet 100% and I am still getting used to it, but I have actually gained weight instead of losing it....probably because I have been sneaking cheese (that shit is so addictive...its the worst!). I guess my question is if I follow the cyclic keto plan I would have better results? According to that plan I am at 16p, 5c,60f.....and then post workout nutrition is 3p and 5c ......so should I be eating all my carbs at postworkout and try to remain 0 carbs the rest of the day? ....I hope I calculated everything right.....I am currently 160lbs, 25-30% (not positive) body fat....TIA

Since you exercise regularly and are not in a situation were you need to water cut I would start at 18p 15c 50f, have 5c post workout, and the rest throughout the day, save 5c for nighttime to help fuel the am workout
  • Hi Jason,

I am 62 years young.

I have always maintained a healthy 64 to 66 Kgs weight eating what I liked.

About 6 years ago I had a severe bout of Pyelonephritis, I was given a mega dose of intravenous antibiotic.

Within  a week my weight started climbing, I eventually stopped the climb at 75Kgs by severely restricting my food intake and giving up wheat, fruit, sugar etc.  I lived on steak, tuna or chicken with a greed salad and nuts and Bulletproof coffee without the butter.

That was 4 years ago.  My weight now fluctuates between 71 and 73 Kgs.  I know it is water weight because I can put on 2 Kgs overnight if I eat something with hidden wheat, lactose and a number of other products.

Soon after the antibiotic treatment I tore my left rotator cuff; no sooner had it healed and I tore my right one which then turned into a frozen shoulder.

For at least 2 years after that I was not active at all.  My upper body muscles atrophied.

I then tried Bikram yoga 4 time per week for about 4 months, gave it up â€“ lack of upper body strength was the problem and I was worried about doing damage.

The only time I have got close to my desired weight was when my doctor put me on diuretics â€“ I hit 68 Kgs within 5 days, but I stopped the pills because I was not comfortable taking them.

Now I am training 1 x per week doing the Body by Science protocol and my upper body muscles and strength are coming back.

I have always done IF â€“ never liked breakfast.  I am in almost constant ketosis â€“ between .8 and 1.8.

My diet has been Bulletproof for more than 2 years. And yet and yet!  No weight loss what so ever.

My trainer is insisting I eat more protein- he sells a whey protein (which I cannot eat) so I have bought pea protein powder, I have 20g per day.  I take BCAA after my training session.

Given all the above how should I approach my new eating regime using your block method.  I know I need to rebuild lean muscle but I also want to loose the excess weight.

Body weight â€“ 73 Kgs

Body fat % â€“ 32.9

Lean Body Mass â€“ 41.7 Kgs

Fat Mass â€“ 21.3 Kgs

I am 1.72 m tall

Thanks

Toni

Hi Jason,

I am 62 years young.

I have always maintained a healthy 64 to 66 Kgs weight eating what I liked.

About 6 years ago I had a severe bout of Pyelonephritis, I was given a mega dose of intravenous antibiotic.

Within a week my weight started climbing, I eventually stopped the climb at 75Kgs by severely restricting my food intake and giving up wheat, fruit, sugar etc. I lived on steak, tuna or chicken with a greed salad and nuts and Bulletproof coffee without the butter.

That was 4 years ago. My weight now fluctuates between 71 and 73 Kgs. I know it is water weight because I can put on 2 Kgs overnight if I eat something with hidden wheat, lactose and a number of other products.

Soon after the antibiotic treatment I tore my left rotator cuff; no sooner had it healed and I tore my right one which then turned into a frozen shoulder.

For at least 2 years after that I was not active at all. My upper body muscles atrophied.

I then tried Bikram yoga 4 time per week for about 4 months, gave it up – lack of upper body strength was the problem and I was worried about doing damage.

The only time I have got close to my desired weight was when my doctor put me on diuretics – I hit 68 Kgs within 5 days, but I stopped the pills because I was not comfortable taking them.

Now I am training 1 x per week doing the Body by Science protocol and my upper body muscles and strength are coming back.

I have always done IF – never liked breakfast. I am in almost constant ketosis – between .8 and 1.8.

My diet has been Bulletproof for more than 2 years. And yet and yet! No weight loss what so ever.

My trainer is insisting I eat more protein- he sells a whey protein (which I cannot eat) so I have bought pea protein powder, I have 20g per day. I take BCAA after my training session.

Given all the above how should I approach my new eating regime using your block method. I know I need to rebuild lean muscle but I also want to loose the excess weight.

Body weight – 73 Kgs

Body fat % – 32.9

Lean Body Mass – 41.7 Kgs

Fat Mass – 21.3 Kgs

I am 1.72 m tall

Thanks

Toni

Are you measuring and tracking your food intake now (grams of protein/fat/carb)? If so, it would be easier to make adjustments to your current plan. Your lean mass is quite low so increased protein intake and regular resistance training would definitely be part of the equation to improve your metabolism. Being low carb for long periods contributes to decreased lean mass and muscular insulin resistance, so reintroducing carbs to help with protein turnover may take time but can be repaired.
  • Hi Jason,

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I do track my food in take on my fitness pal.

My carbs are under 30 grams pd sometimes as low as 15g.

Fat is about 100 grams pd

Protein 60 g pd if I'm lucky, (a 100 g steak and 2 eggs per day is hardly going to be enough I know)

My metabolism is shot; my body temp is between 35.4 and 36 C when measured before rising in the am.

It is now 9 am and my body temp is 36.3.

Would doing 4 min HIT spinning a couple times a week help with the metabolism?

Thanks

Your low body temperature and decreased metabolism is due to your fairly substantial caloric deficit, your system is downregulating as a survival mechanism, adding more activity will only make it worse, you need to slowly add food in the right areas to get your system going again, slowly because your metabolism needs to improve in tandem to not gain weight.  Protein first, adjusting fats, and carbs last.  As you add in more food and feel better you can test out more volume

week 1: 85g protein, 90g fat, 30g carb

week 2: 110g protein, 80g fat, 30 carb

week 3: 135g protein, 75g fat, 30 carb

week 4: 135g protein, 75g fat, 55g carb training days, 30g rest days

week 5: 135g protein, 75g fat, 75g carb training days, 50g rest days

week 6: 135g protein, 75g fat, 100g carb training days, 50g rest days

week 7: 135g protein, 75g fat, 125g carb training days, 75g rest days

week 8: 135g protein, 75g fat, 150g carb training days, 75g rest days

etc..

You can go up the list at your own rate if weekly is too fast, you can hang out in one spot to normalize before advancing, look at it as a trajectory of the direction you need to go in, it's not a ridged do or die progression.

• Jason! Thank you very much, this is brilliant!

I finally have something concrete to work with.

I will follow your recommendation to a Tee and report back.  

I am excited to begin my new adventure.

• Hi Jason,

I have now completed 2 weeks following you recommendations.  I have noticed the following;

1.  Huge energy

2.  Wonderful feelings of happiness and enthusiasm

3.  My temperature has slowly climbed each day and today it is 37 degrees C

4.  I have to plan what I am going to eat the day before otherwise I get so busy and forget to eat.

5.  I have put on 2 Kgs but I am not too concerned at this stage.  I'm hoping my weight will start a downward trend now that by metabolism has reawakened.

6.  I can't believe how much I have to consume.  I have added pea and Hemp protein to my menu just to ensure I get close to the 135g of protein per day.

Do you count the carbs in resistant starch like potato starch and cold wild rice?

Thank you

Toni

Yes you count them, also, since your weight has climbed a bit you have the option to stay were you are until you level off before the next adjustment, but if you are happy with what the mirror says then continue!

• Yes you count them, also, since your weight has climbed a bit you have the option to stay were you are until you level off before the next adjustment, but if you are happy with what the mirror says then continue!

The scale says that I have gained but my jeans are definitely looser. 

• Hello, I didnt quite get how to calcule the not active days. How did you come up with 0.8?

Lets say I train 5-7 times a week, what my number should be? and... does it matter what kind of training I do? Personally I am a fighter but once or twice a week we do some weights instead of proper muay thai training.

Thanks! 

• Jason, I need your help!! Been reading through these posts and I think I have been eating pretty much per your guidelines, but the scale will not budge. I've been going at this for the past couple of years trying to lose 20lbs I have gradually put on. Note sure what to do anymore. I have Hashimoto's and am taking thyroid, but I cannot lose body fat. I am 5'3" 130lbs and about 25% BF. I exercise 5-6 days/week. Usually bar classes 4x/week and power yoga 2x week, and a 6 mile run 1-2x week. Here's what a daily food plan looks like for me. 

Fasted workout

Breakfast 

Scoop beef protein powder

Scoop collagen 

TBSP colostrum 

TBSP glutamine

Scoop wheat grass powder

TBSP MCT oil

TBSP flaxseed

Cup of unsweetened coconut milk 

Handful of spinach leaves 

Lunch

4oz protein (usually chicken or beef)

6-8oz salad with lettuce, fennel and cucumbers

8-10oz cooked veggies (sometimes cooked in oil)

1 TBSP oil if veggies not cooked in oil

Sometime 1/2 avocado

Snack

1 hard boiled egg

1/4 to 1/2 avocado

Dinner

4oz protein 

Do you know what I am doing wrong? Any insights what I should change. Nothing is changing for me and so frustrated :( 

Jason, I need your help!! Been reading through these posts and I think I have been eating pretty much per your guidelines, but the scale will not budge. I've been going at this for the past couple of years trying to lose 20lbs I have gradually put on. Note sure what to do anymore. I have Hashimoto's and am taking thyroid, but I cannot lose body fat. I am 5'3" 130lbs and about 25% BF. I exercise 5-6 days/week. Usually bar classes 4x/week and power yoga 2x week, and a 6 mile run 1-2x week. Here's what a daily food plan looks like for me.

Fasted workout

Breakfast

Scoop beef protein powder

Scoop collagen

TBSP colostrum

TBSP glutamine

Scoop wheat grass powder

TBSP MCT oil

TBSP flaxseed

Handful of spinach leaves

Lunch

4oz protein (usually chicken or beef)

Sometime 1/2 avocado

Snack

1 hard boiled egg

1/4 to 1/2 avocado

Dinner

4oz protein

Do you know what I am doing wrong? Any insights what I should change. Nothing is changing for me and so frustrated :(

What a minute, so you want to be 110lbs and 10%bf? That doesn't sound right. It also looks like you are undereating, and if you've been doing that for a couple years, your body will have adapted to those low calories causing a stall out. Going even further down makes no sense as you are already too low, your energy and recovery are likely sub par. You will need to take a period of time to slowly reverse diet up to a healthy caloric intake while staying relatively weight stable, once you've normalized your system to match your activity you can spend 8-12 weeks at a deficit again to address bodyfat. This is not to say that you can't experience recomposition during your reverse diet (increase muscle, decrease fat, same weight).

First thing you want to do is get and fill out myfitnesspal as accurately and honestly as possible for a week to see what your macro%'s and calories are, I think all your numbers are too low except fat, then I can give you basic advice, if you want a comprehensive plan with coaching support then you could join eat to perform where I work. Honestly though 5'3" 130 is a good weight, I think recomp is a better goal.
  • edited September 2016

What a minute, so you want to be 110lbs and 10%bf? That doesn't sound right. It also looks like you are undereating, and if you've been doing that for a couple years, your body will have adapted to those low calories causing a stall out. Going even further down makes no sense as you are already too low, your energy and recovery are likely sub par. You will need to take a period of time to slowly reverse diet up to a healthy caloric intake while staying relatively weight stable, once you've normalized your system to match your activity you can spend 8-12 weeks at a deficit again to address bodyfat. This is not to say that you can't experience recomposition during your reverse diet (increase muscle, decrease fat, same weight).

First thing you want to do is get and fill out myfitnesspal as accurately and honestly as possible for a week to see what your macro%'s and calories are, I think all your numbers are too low except fat, then I can give you basic advice, if you want a comprehensive plan with coaching support then you could join eat to perform where I work. Honestly though 5'3" 130 is a good weight, I think recomp is a better goal.

Thanks Jason. How long does a reverse dieting usually take to get my metabolism up and running again? I will download myfitnesspal to record my meals for you. What are the costs to work with you at Eat to Perform? Last year I was working with a program that created customized meal plans and workouts for me. I was at the gym 2 hours a day. Again, nothing changed. They definitely had me eating more carbs than I am now, but I am super sensitive to carbs aka I want to eat more as soon as I take a bite of one. Anyway, I stopped the gym work outs b/c I actually prefer power yoga and barre. I sweat a lot in every class - they kick my ass. Just telling you this b/c want to know if this is something you can work with if I sign up for coaching with you at Eat to Perform. Thanks!

If you don't want to eat carbs it's not for you.

• If you don't want to eat carbs it's not for you.

What kind of carbs are on your plan? I can handle sweet potatoes and rice cakes. I also need to overcome this idea that carbs will make me fat. I also have Celiacs. 

We recommend you eat all of the foods that you feel the best on, generally speaking a mostly whole foods diet with some fun mixed in as you see fit, or not at all.