Bulletproof Pizza - Boom!

Ok you dirty bitches.... here it is. You gotta eat it with a fork, but it's flour free!

Shopping list:

1 head of Cauliflower

2 eggs

1 bunch of oregano

1 bunch of coriander/cilantro

1 avocado

2 limes

1 bulb of fennel

1 jar of black olives (in brine)

1 bunch of asparagus

1 bunch of broccolini

Your favourite fatty cuts of steak

Should already be in your pantry/cupboard:

Ghee

Apple cider vinegar

Pink salt

Mise-en-place:

Break/chop all the florets off the cauliflower, put into your blender.

Crack your two eggs into a bowl and whisk them until uniform.

Chop your oregano finely.

Chop your avocado into a bowl.

Cut your limes into quarters.

Finely chop your coriander leaves. If the stems end up here, it's no problem.

If you have a mandolin, finely slice your fennel on this. It's a god-send in the kitchen. Otherwise, just use a knife.

Break up your asparagus and broccolini roughly.

Drain the olives and set aside in a bowl.

The base:

Blend the cauliflower to rice.

Add some ghee to a big pot on low heat and then throw in the cauliflower rice. The idea is to get a lot of the water out of the cauliflower.Flatten it out on the bottom of the pot, let it start steaming for a minute, then mix it and turn it - flatten it out again. Repeat. You'll be surprised at the water content. This could take up to 20 minutes.

Take this off heat and put into a bowl to cool, while you preheat your oven to 200C/400F. (Now is a good time to move onto cooking the steaks, BP-styles, yo!)

Once cool, mix in the eggs and oregano, and place into a pre-greased (ghee or baking paper) baking tray. Pat out your base to an even thickness, sprinkle a little more salt and even drizzle some melted ghee over the top. Stick it in the oven. You'll have to keep an eye on this, as it dependbs how thick you make the base. Once it starts to brown very lightly, then it's started to firm up. Bring it out now to put your toppings on.

The pizza:

Add your chopped steak, fennel, olives, asparagus and broccolini to the top of the base. Feel free to drizzle some apple cider vinegar over the top too.

The guacamole:

Add your chopped avocado, lime juice, salt and coriander/cilantro to a bowl and mash it up. add more lime or salt to taste.

Yank the pizza out when it's done, pour some guacamole over the top and hook in, son!

Also add some more chopped oregano and coriander leaves to make it look pretty and shit.

Low-carb but non-BP tomato sauce for a bit of luxury:

Tomato sauce

1 tin diced tomatoes

half a bunch of chopped basil

4 cloves of garlic

1 T ACV

2 pinches of pink salt

Saute the garlic until it's slightly brown, add in the tomatos, ACV and salt. Reduce sauce on a simmer. Add in the roughly chopped basil 3-5 minutes before you pull the sauce off. Should take 15-20 minutes on a low heat. Depends on your definition of "low." Just make sure it's thick, not watery.

No sorcery, just science. 

Comments

• POWERFUL AARON LORCH....! hahaha image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    Also, feel free to load it up with cheese, like I did.... image/icon_redface.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':oops:' />

• 'Aaron wrote:

Also, feel free to load it up with cheese, like I did.... image/icon_redface.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':oops:' />

What kind?
    The pizza kind? Whatever rocks your casbah. Mozeralla & parmesan typically.

I also drank a lot of Corona's with it too... oopsy!

• RodRod The Rodfather
    Cooking at 400f is not BP lololol dude you tricked me...pft..with your Coronas and cheese!!!! image/icon_e_surprised.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':eek:' />

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions Consultwithrod@live.com 

Feel free to lower the temperature and lengthen your cooking time.

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    'GlennE' wrote:

What kind?

Kerrygold cheese (dubliner is awesome)
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • Aaron, they sell grass-fed cheese at GRUB, I think. I stare at it everytime I go there, but I only take their eggs and meat.
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭
    Pics or it didn't happen.

• Pics or it didn't happen.

My sentiments exactly!

My sentiments exactly!

Son of a....

I should note that with all the toppings, just add as much as you'd like for taste. This base will NOT hold together like a pizza base, you do need a fork, so just load up whatever you like.

• Your putting guacamole in the oven too?

Your putting guacamole in the oven too?

No, mash it all up while the pizza base is cooking, then smear it on once it comes out.

• I made it today. Used anise instead of fennel and regular broccoli instead of broccolini. Don't taste like pizza. I'm from NYC where pizza tastes the best. Tasted great though. I love all the new recipes. Will use this one and shepherd pie.
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I'm from NYC where pizza tastes the best.

Wait until you go to Italy ;-)

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

Wait until you go to Italy ;-)

I'm pretty sure New Yorkers would hate Italian pizza, when the get it it'd be like " what the hell is this?" then they'd grab a piece, pinch the sides up and check the tip droop, and be like "what the hell is this?"
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • Pierre EklundPierre Eklund pierre.eklund@gmail.com
    Swedish Pizza is the craziest, some pizzerias put kebab and french fries on them!
    Please email me instead of PM

pierre.eklund@gmail.com

It doesn't taste like pizza, but it looks the part. Vary your toppings as per the green zone. You don't NEED fennel or anise. I just like it. 

Also, as with the discussion above, pizza is very regional too. In my pre-BP days, I once made up that chili recipe I posted and put THAT on a pizza with corn chips & cheese, and then threw on sour cream and guacamole once it came out of the oven. My heart just had a minor spasm as I thought about it.

• This thread is amazing.

I'm only here to please!

• FORKS are for wimps, shove your face right into it!! That's how I roll ;) 

FORKS are for wimps, shove your face right into it!! That's how I roll ;)

I think I'm in love! Powerful Gigi!

• GiGiEatsGiGiEats
    edited April 2013

What can I say, I'm an animal  :-P  Well that's an interesting Emoticon.... I think it fits quite well. 

What can I say, I'm an animal  :-P  Well that's an interesting Emoticon.... I think it fits quite well. 

Is that the "I've just eaten a roll of tin foil" face?  :-P

• edited April 2013

I made it today. Used anise instead of fennel and regular broccoli instead of broccolini. Don't taste like pizza. I'm from NYC where pizza tastes the best. Tasted great though. I love all the new recipes. Will use this one and shepherd pie.

Just got back from NYC... that pizza is run-of-the-mill compared to Chicago Deep Dish

• Sounds freakin' awesome. Will try when I get some cash to buy all of the ingredients  :-|.

Thanks for taking the time to share, even though it was a while ago lol.

Jake

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com

Sounds freakin' awesome. Will try when I get some cash to buy all of the ingredients  :-|.

Thanks for taking the time to share, even though it was a while ago lol.

Jake

All good, mate. That's what we're all here for :)